Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyson Chandler= Dunk Contest Comparison= Ralph Sampson or Jon Bender

Amare Stoudemire=Dunk Contest Comparison=Larry Nance

Nene Hilario=Dunk Contest Comparison= None , But dunks like a young Darryl Dawkins, YES HE DUNKS HARDER THAN AMARE.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The only player out of that list that would possibly enter the NBA Dunk Contest would be Amare Stoudemire.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I agree with Amare cuz of his power. But I doubt Chanler would, cuz most people wanna see guys jump 4 feet to get to the hoop. Chandler could probably dunk by jumping an inch off the ground.

I've never seen Nene play.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Look for Fred Jones to be in the dunk contest this year. He's already had some pretty sick dunks this preseason

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Amare should be selected. He's very athletic with some madd springs. He's a power player and he'll showcase some of those power bangs he throws down throughout the year and hopefully in the Dunk contest.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The dunk contest will suck unless it has Kobe going against Vince.

I think the NBA should scrap the dunk contest again in favor of
H-O-R-S-E.

That would be fun.

Hitman

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Nah, they just need to ditch the wheel. Some players can't do certain dunks and the wheel is unfair. They already lost Wallace forever because he should have won last year and the wheel cheated him.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
i'd have to go for amare too. haven't been many true power dunkers in the contest the last couple. i think that chandler could go into it and provide some diversity. i really like to see players get their heads above the rim and these two can both do so. i thought that bender was pretty impressive in the comp except for his misses but he can jump a little better than tyson.
as kobe vs VC, carter puts him to shame and no one wants to seeing kobe getting worked (cept i guess the judges would favour him) wouldn't make for a good comp. a tmac/vc rematch is what the comp really needs.
aren't too many competitors from the rookie class. jones is probably the best of them. i'd like wallace and jrich to return, along with stro and maybe ricky davis.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Yea, there so many good competitors out there. But I dont see anyone except rookies and sophomores going into it. The NBA has made the contest less and less attractive to players every year. I dont see guys like Vince comming back.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Tyson Chandler...

While Chandler is a good in game dunker, I doubt a 7+ footer could come with anything creative like the shorter guards and forwards come up with.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Re: Tyson Chandler...

Originally posted by <b>SikHandlez24</b>!
While Chandler is a good in game dunker, I doubt a 7+ footer could come with anything creative like the shorter guards and forwards come up with.
i dunno, bender is a 7 footer, i think athletic 7 footers would be able to do more things and get more hang time then the shorter guys, id like to see miles get in

about the pic, tyson must have broken mourning's wrist!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
Damn, poor Zo keeps getting dunked on.

Amare's a pretty sick dunker.
anyone have the pic of amare getting posterized by tyson last week?

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JOHNNY_BRAVisimO</b>!
anyone have the pic of amare getting posterized by tyson last week?
I just might...

You know my motto: "Anything to make a Sun's fan cry..."

·
Registered
643 Posts
Amare better shut up i mean he says that he works harder than Tyson that is bull no masking allowed-aquaitious and By the way Tyson Can Jump higher Than Bender. ANd TYSON IS MORE ATHLETIC THA AMARE AND NENE. AMARE u might be in slam Getting DUNK ON BY MY BOY TYSON

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Man Tyson can't jump higher than Bender. Bender has a 39 inch vertical. He can jam from the free throw line. I would like to see 6-8 participants again...

Bender, Miles, J-Rich, McGrady, Kobe, Vince...

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
No Tyson cant jump heigher than Bender. Bender has a 39inch vert. Have you ever even seen Bender play? Im pretty sure he has the best hops for a 7 footer. The guy can jump out of the gym.
As far as the athletic part, Ill wait and see for my judgment on that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts