Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
without giving up PP?

don't tell me you think either of these guys would not work for the green, we are one of the worst teams in the league.

I have looked at our next 8-10 games and I do not see us winning a one. maybe the bulls tomrw

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Al Harrington is hardly untouchable, but we are playing very well right now and I don't think we will make any deals before the deadline. In the offseason, maybe you could get him for a package that would include Jiri Welsch or Marcus Banks. I think I value Al over both of them, but we need guards so those trades are worth discussing.

Erick Dampier is available for sure, the Warriors desperately need cap room, they need to blow up their team the way the Hawks just did or they are doomed to mediocrity for like forever. Big John is right about "half-arsed rebuilding," it just doesn't work, the Warriors have been trying it for the last 10 years and look where it's gotten them. The Celtics should offer Chris Mills, but that's probably not enough. The Warriors will either want a prospect in return, or they will want to package him with a terrible contract like Evan Eschmeyer. There are a number of deals that I think could work here.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
Al Harrington is hardly untouchable, but we are playing very well right now and I don't think we will make any deals before the deadline. In the offseason, maybe you could get him for a package that would include Jiri Welsch or Marcus Banks. I think I value Al over both of them, but we need guards so those trades are worth discussing.

Erick Dampier is available for sure, the Warriors desperately need cap room, they need to blow up their team the way the Hawks just did or they are doomed to mediocrity for like forever. Big John is right about "half-arsed rebuilding," it just doesn't work, the Warriors have been trying it for the last 10 years and look where it's gotten them. The Celtics should offer Chris Mills, but that's probably not enough. The Warriors will either want a prospect in return, or they will want to package him with a terrible contract like Evan Eschmeyer. There are a number of deals that I think could work here.
nice response! thanks!

what about something like

Mills and Blount

for

Dampier
???

Then, if Blount takes his player option as expected it's even more cap room for them

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PatBateman</b>!

nice response! thanks!

what about something like

Mills and Blount

for

Dampier
???

Then, if Blount takes his player option as expected it's even more cap room for them
Blount's deal isn't that much additional cap room that it would make an impact.

As long as we're mentioning the half-assed rebuilding here, how would Dampier help us rebuild? We need young talent, cap room, and draft picks. Erick Dampier, while a terrific center, is not any of those. Al Harrington is a young man, but he's not a rebounder that we desperately need at PF. Let Hunter and Perkins develop. Lets see what we get in the draft.

We need a leader at this point, not Harrington or Dampier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts