Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We could pry D. Mase from the Bucks? He seems like the kind of player we could use at SF/SG. He gets to the line alot and has a high fg %. I wouldn't mind if Pax threw some kind of Fizer deal and our draft pick (top three protected) to get him. Wistful thinking, I'm sure. But if we could get him soon, without giving up JC, we could try them out together for the rest of the year and see if that lineup clicked.

I'm a college student who just found this board. I'm in Boston and don't get to see any Bulls games on a regular basis, so it's cool to find a place where I can talk Bulls with real fans.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RugbyBull</b>!
We could pry D. Mase from the Bucks? He seems like the kind of player we could use at SF/SG. He gets to the line alot and has a high fg %. I wouldn't mind if Pax threw some kind of Fizer deal and our draft pick (top three protected) to get him. Wistful thinking, I'm sure. But if we could get him soon, without giving up JC, we could try them out together for the rest of the year and see if that lineup clicked.

I'm a college student who just found this board. I'm in Boston and don't get to see any Bulls games on a regular basis, so it's cool to find a place where I can talk Bulls with real fans.
Welcome.

I doubt it. What do we have that Milwaukee needs??

Mason makes almost 6 mill. Fizer and a pick does not work cap wise.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This scenario is based on an extention of the Jaric/Ely rumor going around. Not that I think it's going to happen, but if it did...

Chicago Gives Chicago Gets

Fizer Drobjnak
Blount Ely
Gill D. Mason
rights to Mario Austin
2nd round pick
1st condition (top 3 protected this year, unprotected after that)
LA Gives Gets

Drobjnak Fizer
Ely Bount
Jaric Sean Rooks
rights to sophocles rights to austin
2nd rounder

New Orleans gets Gives

Jaric David West
Sean Rooks

Bucks Give Bucks Get
D Mason David West
Gill
Rights to Sophocles
1st rounder (cond.)

I checked and the salaries seem to fit, if trade checker is accurate, though I don't know how the league treats trading the rights to players. While this deal won't happen, it at least makes some sense. The Clippers clear out dead wood and get cap space without losing any of their major pieces besides Jaric.
New Orleans gets a combo guard to spell Davis and Wesley.
And the Bucks, for a SF/SG who doesn't start and there doesn't seem to be a starting space for in the near future, get a nice post prospect and a top ten pick either now or next year. Bulls get a player who can score, get to the line and rebound from the 2/3 spot, which gives us flexibility re: crawford as we enter the summer, and if we lose the pick, so what. The drobber, though his stats are down, would also be a nice pickup imo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry messed up the format. Here are the details:

Chicago Gives

Fizer
Blount
Gill
2nd rounder
1st (conditional top 3 2004)
rights to Austin