Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is he gone or cut from the roster already? any news of him?

Honestly, what is your thoughts on his skills? I don't have a chance to watch him play so I can't say much about that.

·
Registered
390 Posts
He's still with the team but I don't think his chance of sticking with them is good. If he makes the team, it won't be because of his play, but because of his potential.

We could only see glimpses of him since he didn't play much, but as far as I can tell:

The Good:

Speed and hang time, needs the ball in his hands, and can create shots off the dribble.

The Bad:

Not good moving without the ball, doesn't catch and shoot well, his positioning and defense needs much work. Also, his is too passive, and uncomfortable against bigger guys.

Outook:

Everything the insiders said about him hold true so far: good athleticism, but lacks in other areas. That's very true. Above all else, Chen needs more experience against quality competition. College ball would have help him learn the fundamentals, it's too late for that now. Even if he makes the team, sitting on the bench is not going to help him. A couple of seasons in the NBADL may get him ready.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Sean Chen has great potential, but he gets too nervous on the court. He needs to relax and just do the best he can. I believe he'll make the cut. At 6'5, he'll be one of the biggest PG's out there and create matchup problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts