Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined yesterday and I can tell you that this raptors board is dead! There hasn't been many replies. There hasn't been much going on on this board.

Is it like this always?

If not lets get going. The draft is a couple days away. We gotta start talkin bout something!

Wake up PEOPLE!

sime :sour:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hey sime, and welcome!!

Yeah, this board seems pretty dead but its growing slowly since I first came and was the only one who posted, lol. Its down time for alot of fans who aren't interested in the draft, and don't follow 12 months a year.

On a side note, if you ever have questions or anything else you can PM me or Budwieser_boy and we would be glad to help you out.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome raptors32. I appreciate it.

I love to talk ball....I am always somehow included into anything that pops up. I will talk a lot so you guys better get used to it. I'm finding my way through this site. seems quite interesting...

again thanks...

sime

btw who will the raps select in the draft?

im puttin my money on an international player!

welsch and nachbar if they drop. maybe even sekularac...

but I really don't want to see Dickau on our team.

also i dont want them to select frank williams either. jus somethin about him makes me not want him...

and also....is there a lot of raps fans on this site?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Originally posted by sime

btw who will the raps select in the draft?

and also....is there a lot of raps fans on this site?
I've been reading alot of GG trading the pick, but if he does keep it I hope he can work some magic. My dream pick would be Amare Stoudamire, but I have major doubts he will drop to the 20th pick.
Grizzard looks intrigueing if we don't go the pg route.

I haven't heard much of those two players you, do you care to elaborate on them?? and do you think they would add to our team chemistry??

There aren't too many Raps fans here yet, but our core of fans is slowly growing.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nachbar is a SF/SG at 6'9 220...He is a great shooter in europe...and hails from Slovenia. Compared to Peja

Jiri Welsch plays for Olimpija in Slovenia. He is a SG but plays combo guard most of the time. Is a very very great defender with a good shooting touch. Compared to Brent Barry

Sekularac is a bit of the unknown. He comes from Yugoslavia but has upped his draft position drastically. A couple of months ago he wasn't mentioned on anyones draft list. Some now predict he will go late in the first round. If he is not promised a pick he will go back to europe to play where he will for sure be a 1st round pick next year.

Again all these players have great shooting touches, as many international players do. we'll see, though, how they do.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Budweiser_Boy
Hey, I've been busy the past few days, but I'm here. Raptors32 and I are the mods here and as he said, the site is just starting, so we don't have that many Raptors fans. But boy is it better than the Wizards board!
I checked that place out! What a snooze! :sleep: :sigh:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Raptors

My favorite is the Lakers, but I have NBA League Pass, and am a big Raptors fan. I try to watch every game I can. They are an exciting team. I wish some more people would come to this board.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Raptors

Originally posted by Mr. X
My favorite is the Lakers, but I have NBA League Pass, and am a big Raptors fan. I try to watch every game I can. They are an exciting team. I wish some more people would come to this board.
Oh there will be. The raptors have many fans throughout the world cuz of Vince. By the end of the summer the place will be buzzing.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
man is this site ever quiet. can't wait til draft day. we'll get some buzz goin down on these boards.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey sime, just curious, but how did you find this site? Did you post at any other message boards before?
ya im a realgm poster but found out about the site at the boards of nbadraftnet.

i wanted a change from realgm...it was getting too crowded...and people were starting to annoy me so i thought it would be good to start fresh somewhere else. im glad i found this place.

hopefully i can help all of you guys with the raptors board.

im tryin to get some convo goin throughout these boards :D

sime

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You see some dude down at realgm called joe_smith3? :D

nah...i might have but dont remember names from there all that well there is just too many. i am mostly on raptors board and general nba...so i dont go to many other places...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ohhhhhh

ohhhhhh spamming the site with basketballboards ads eh?

lol always fun til ur freedom gets taken away! :upset: lol jks...

how many raptor fans do you think there are on this board?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
by the way how does my avatar look?

on my screen for some reason it has some red lines going thru it...
does it look fine?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I find it kinda embarrassing that we have only like 4 raptors fans on these boards. we have to take over. we have to show them that the best fans out there are raptors fans.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts