Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
If we trade Maggette, we need a point in return, not a wing. What would be the point if we get a wing when we deal Maggette? Nothing, nada. Thornton/Ross/Thomas have SF covered, will Wallace play the offguard position? I doubt that.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
qross1fan said:
If we trade Maggette, we need a point in return, not a wing. What would be the point if we get a wing when we deal Maggette? Nothing, nada. Thornton/Ross/Thomas have SF covered, will Wallace play the offguard position? I doubt that.
a SF who can shoot would help just as much as a PG would. i'm not sure, but you seem to be against the concept of 3-point shooting as a whole though.

With that said, Wallace is a bad idea, guys like Mike Miller, Rashard Lewis fit the mold that could be helpful to the clips.

·
eye of the tiger
9,649 Posts
leidout said:
a SF who can shoot would help just as much as a PG would. i'm not sure, but you seem to be against the concept of 3-point shooting as a whole though.

With that said, Wallace is a bad idea, guys like Mike Miller, Rashard Lewis fit the mold that could be helpful to the clips.

i like wallace, because unlike miller or lewis, wallace actually plays defense...it'd be mighty tough to score against our team in the paint with a frontcourt of kaman/brand/wallace...

lewis and miller definitely have the edge in 3pt shooting, but wallace was quite the scorer himself last year...although i do realize it was his contract year last year...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Wallace is not really a shooter so I would rather take Mike Miller or Rashard Lewis....since we can get Paul Pierce or Ray Allen. =/

·
eye of the tiger
9,649 Posts
matador1238 said:
Wallace is not really a shooter so I would rather take Mike Miller or Rashard Lewis....since we can get Paul Pierce or Ray Allen. =/

the thing is, we all know how much dunleavy values defense...would miller and rashard even get PT??? you all know the dunfather...wouldn't it be the corey situation all over again???

dunleavy would love wallace's defense and all-out attitude, and after the all star break, he averaged around 24 ppg....

·
Registered
693 Posts
I like the Portland trade. Get Jack, Pryzbilla and Webster for Maggette, Aaron Williams and filler. Get a young PG, third big behind Kamen and EB and we get Mobley a young backup who can shoot and has some potential

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
PAIDNFULL23 said:
I like the Portland trade. Get Jack, Pryzbilla and Webster for Maggette, Aaron Williams and filler. Get a young PG, third big behind Kamen and EB and we get Mobley a young backup who can shoot and has some potential
Sounds good to me, Jack is gonna be good, i have no idea why he's on the block really.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
leidout said:

I don't get where you think I'm against the concept of 3-point shooting, I just don't. Most of my favirote players are 3 point shooters, people like Q, House, Pike, Ray Ray, Korver, etc., but right now, if we deal Maggette, we should look to get some sort of PG in return. The Portland deal, I love. Maggette for Jack/Webster and whatever to make contracts work.

·
Registered
162 Posts
maggette and cassel for bibby would be an awesome trade...i think both teams could agree...it seems like sacramento might want to rebuild...sam cassel's 6.15 mil expiring contract...maggette at a very reasonable price and probably get a contract ext for 10 million a year....and clips get a season veteran with a few good years left....

PG: Bibby (35 mpg)/Jordan (13 mpg)
SG: Mobley(32 mpg)/Ross(16 mpg)
SF: Thorton (25 mpg)/Ross(10 mpg)/Thomas(13 mpg)
PF: Brand(39 mpg)/Thomas(9 mpg)
C: Kaman(36 mpg)/Williams(12 mpg)

9 man rotation

·
Registered
714 Posts
leidout said:
Wouldn't be a bad idea, I don't like James tho, he always seems to have trouble fitting with any team even though he's good individually.

I think it'd work and i'd really like Brewer on our team, but wouldn't it be strange to have Jaric back??
Mike James doesnt play for Minny anymore.

unless its a different james you are talking about, Mike James was traded to Houston.

·
Registered
162 Posts
all this talk about free agents/trade possibly helping our team....ive come to the conclusion that plain and simple we need a good PG....livingston (when he was healthy) wasnt cutting it, whats the main difference between our good year and last year?? cassell...he was the key...now he isnt anymore now we need to turn to another PG...look at all the teams in the playoffs last year..they had very good pgs....nash, baron davis, deron williams, tony parker, billups, hinrich...im not saying that they all carried their teams by themselves but think about it..where would these teams be without them? clips last year had.... half the season cassell (old and injured), half livingston(under developed and injury prone), 1/3 jason hart (2nd or 3rd string PG)...and unless we get a good PG we will be the same as last year...bibby is on the trading block and so is artest...which means if artest is gone they will need to replace him at SF...sac would be crazy not to think about maggette at this point...although he is percieved as the inferior player to bibby, he actually puts up just at good numbers, if the clips werent in such a need for PG i would not trade maggette for bibby..but since the clips are in the most desperate need for PG this trade makes sense

21 - 37 of 37 Posts