Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am. McGrady is already having back problems yet again, while Francis is a warrior, playing on two sprain ankles and with a sprain wrist. Francis kind of reminds me of Iversion, except he isn't as good of a scorer. He is already well on track for another 20/6/6 season.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Just because he's off to an above average start this year, doesn't mean I'm going to forget all the stupid crap Francis has pulled while he has been a member of this team. So, no, I'm not happy we traded T-Mac for Francis, and I doubt I ever will.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Francis is a warrior, McGrady have the biggest talent but can't lead a team.
I like Francis. Good deal for the Magic that's my opinion/

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
i still dont like the trade. while we did get rid of howards horrible contract and bascially another draft pick in gaines, francis just doesnt have "it".

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
deanwoof said:
i still dont like the trade. while we did get rid of howards horrible contract and bascially another draft pick in gaines, francis just doesnt have "it".
Neither does McGrady, otherwise he would have taken us to the 2nd round. He is doing the same thing in Houston that he did in Orlando. Choke. Last year he had what? A 3-1 lead over the Mavs? What happened in that series again? Oh yes. He choked.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Francis was probably the best thing we could take at the time, no regrets.

I'm sure everybody regrets the trade of best bud Mobley though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
In one word...NO, that was one of the worst trades of all time. Although Tmac is not the perfect player he is 100x's better then Franchise. Franchise may have some serious talent and heart, but his basketball IQ is too low to ever lead this team anywhere besides the lottery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Guys!

I`m one of the guys that are happy with this Trades. Steve-O is one of my fav Players since he`s in the league. He`s a fighter, and will do all for the team. He can lead a team

Last season he had some problems with the Trades of Cuttino, with Johny Davis & with other things. But now he shows that he "loves" Orlando. He called the Fans after last season and before our first game to get us support. He plays a lot better this season - and with his style & personalty growing I like the Trade even more.

T-Mac maybe is the better player (i think they are even close - little advantage T_mac) but he can`t lead a Team, played just for his stats the last year in Orlando and was crying like a baby that he want a trade.

Now he`s happy to be in Houston. He`s playing great and can go to the PO and lose again in 1st Round :biggrin:

We have a bright future with Steve-O as our captain :clap: :clap:

Have a great Day

Whizzy

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
tranjsaic said:
In one word...NO, that was one of the worst trades of all time. Although Tmac is not the perfect player he is 100x's better then Franchise. Franchise may have some serious talent and heart, but his basketball IQ is too low to ever lead this team anywhere besides the lottery.
Trading Tractor Trailer for Dirk was a much worse trade then Francis for TMac ever will be

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
kamego said:
Trading Tractor Trailer for Dirk was a much worse trade then Francis for TMac ever will be
not at the time really. traylor was a beast in college. and nobody knew who dirk was.

the tmac trade reminds me of the penny for garrity trade..... kinda of...

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
I hated Francis on the Rockets, but now he's one of my favorite players. I liked TMac in Orlando, but now I really don't like him (but I do like the Rockets). NBA fans have watched Francis since his immaturity in the draft to this date. Nobody has changed more than him. Who know- in the future he may evolve to a playmaker that can score at will and create for his other teammates, especially Howard. I don't care if TMac is better- he was *****ing to get out of Orlando.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts