Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: Anyone else notice Hubie and Barry openly question VDN?

I don't know that merely getting into the playoffs saves Vinny's job.
No it doesn't.

The team as the way its put together SHOULD be in the playoff's regardless of who's coaching, they have enough talent to be at or slightly above .500 and in the East that's enough to get in.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Re: Anyone else notice Hubie and Barry openly question VDN?

No it doesn't.

The team as the way its put together SHOULD be in the playoff's regardless of who's coaching, they have enough talent to be at or slightly above .500 and in the East that's enough to get in.

Agreed. Getting in isn't some great accomplishment. That shouldn't be the barometer.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Getting in isn't some great accomplishment.
when the goal is dollars in the coffers for 4 to 7 extra games and the relative revenue associated with said "accomplishment", i'll bet the bulls think differently.

That shouldn't be the barometer.
no doubt; if the bulls bring in a more expensive coach (guaranteed a better coach WILL be more expensive) because they feel he'll be an obvious upgrade to whatever the roster ends up being(let's see who ARE those guys????), and the bulls MAKE the playoffs, particularly playing well into april, my money's on him NOT getting released. if the coach is brought in fairly quickly, post playoffs the bulls will look like major douches, determining that the roster given VDN should've produced better results. do you guys think that?

so the question is this, the bulls expect to attract FA's to chicago; do they try to get a coach first, in anticipation of a "name" coach being a selling point, OR do they put together a roster they "hope" (i love that word, lol) will challenge for something beyond the eighth seed next year, THEN hire a big time coach, and say, "thanks vinny but we've got a better guy than you; here's some lovely parting gifts"?

which PR hit does the least damage?

how'll that fly?

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
which PR hit does the least damage?

how'll that fly?

I don't think Bulls fans generally will care at all if Vinny gets fired, either immediately after the season or after making free agent moves - not one iota. What the Bulls have to decide is what best attracts free agents and helps win basketball games, period.

If the Bulls exit in the first round again and then fire Vinny, I think the message of "just making the playoffs isn't good enough" will resonate positively with Bulls fans. I don't think they'll look like "douches" at all.

If the Bulls win a playoff series, it becomes a tougher move to make. If they were to somehow improbably make the Eastern Conference Finals, then I assume Vinny's job would be safe.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I wonder if Erik Spoelstra is sitting on as hot of a seat as Vinny is. Both are young and inexperienced, and both teams are fringe playoff caliber (eliminated in the first round in seven games), are pretty equal in talent level, and have nearly identical records.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I wonder if Erik Spoelstra is sitting on as hot of a seat as Vinny is. Both are young and inexperienced, and both teams are fringe playoff caliber (eliminated in the first round in seven games), are pretty equal in talent level, and have nearly identical records.
The Heat are just plain bad, its pretty much Wade and a bunch of guy's.

As talented as Beasley is he has 0 basketball IQ, the guy just has these LONG mental lapses during games, hes averaging respectable numbers because of his talent but man you would think with all the tools he had he would be a beast, he really just doesn't care that much.

When your second best player if a guy who averages 10 and 7 (Haslem) you really got issues.
Oneal is a shell of himself
Mario Chalmers is not an NBA starter.
Q Rich is bad.

They also have a horrid bench.

Honestly outside of Wade is there one of their starters that you would rather have over what we start?

Maybe Beasley but I dont trust him and that's saying A LOT because I dont trust Deng either, but at least with Deng you know his mind will be in the game.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts