Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the annual Jamal Crawford trade rumors are heating up with the deadling approaching, it made me think about a few things. This year, this team has had a new GM, a new coach, a big trade, an ever-changing starting lineup, and countless injury problems. What I'm wondering, is how could anyone expect a winning team with all of this chaos?

I know that it is important that we develop our youth. However, with all of these things happening at once, it doesn't seem like a stable environment to do so. Also, I'm not convinced that development takes place just as an individual. It seems important to me that players learn how to play with each other, to learn their subtleties. How many times do we see players dropping passes they're not ready for, problems with spacing, etc.? The team often looks out of sync. It really looks often like 5 individual players rather than a cohesive unit. So, my question is this:

Is another trade (presumably involving Jamal, but not necessarily) the answer for future success for this team?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I didn't do chemistry in high school :D

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
This has happened every season and the GM scratches his head wondering why the team sucks.

Tyson, Eddy and Jamal the "future" of the team have had 3 coaches, 4 starting pg's, 3 different go-to guys, countless different starting sf's, multiple team captains and have played on the court with zero all-stars. Geez, why aren't they improving?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Lizzy</b>!
This has happened every season and the GM scratches his head wondering why the team sucks.

Tyson, Eddy and Jamal the "future" of the team have had 3 coaches, 4 starting pg's, 3 different go-to guys, countless different starting sf's, multiple team captains and have played on the court with zero all-stars. Geez, why aren't they improving?

Mods, please take Lizzy's post and sticky that.

At first I thought "No", then I thought, "damn, Lizzy is always right". Yet again, she shows you don't have to write alot to make a huge point.

No chemistry, no continuity = No Clue in games.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Since when have the Post Mj Bulls management worried about chemistry when constructing a team or making trades . :(

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Since my undergraduate degree is in chemistry i feel well trained to discuss this issue. This team has zero chemistry and don't look for any until the end of the year. It takes time. Same thing last year. The bulls played their best ball at the end of the year when everyone got used to playing together. It takes time. I think after the alstar break when chandler and pippen are starting look for the team to play much better with a veteran bench of AD, Dog (williams), gill, and dupree.

david

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Chemistry takes planning and time to impliment the plan.

I have seen no indication of a plan from Paxson and no desire to give anyone more time.

Oh well.............

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
To play devil's advocate, though, it's possible to hit the ground running with a lot of new players.

Take the Denver Nuggets:

Melo
Andre Miller
Boykins
Voshon Lenard
John Barry
Francisco Elston

These six players have all made tremendous impact on their team this season. Nene, Skita, Camby, Rodney White, Chris Anderson, and Ryan Bowen are the main returning Nuggets from last year.

They got better because they brought in much better players. Quality can supercede traditional rules of chemistry when the players are good enough.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!
To play devil's advocate, though, it's possible to hit the ground running with a lot of new players.

Take the Denver Nuggets:

Melo
Andre Miller
Boykins
Voshon Lenard
John Barry
Francisco Elston

These six players have all made tremendous impact on their team this season. Nene, Skita, Camby, Rodney White, Chris Anderson, and Ryan Bowen are the main returning Nuggets from last year.

They got better because they brought in much better players. Quality can supercede traditional rules of chemistry when the players are good enough.

very true, DMD. but to put a little more devil on yours, as it were, didn't the nuggets have the benefit of training camp, pre-season, and the same coach since this roster was made?

it's too bad the bulls didn't. but that's the way that cookie crumbled. and now it is a mess.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Denver brought in better players. A pg who has lead the league in assists, one of the best rookies in recent years, a role playing veteran back-up pg, a veteran sg. And they lost....Juwan Howard.

The Bulls add players all the time. Role players. They trade their most productive guys every year for different productive guys.

ETA - thanks chifaninca!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts