Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
find themselves actually cheering against the raptors? i mean i hate to say it, but i always find myself wanting them to lose.

lets be realistic, we're not making the playoffs, so all these wins are really nothing in the end. i don't want to sound like the ultimate pessimist, but i'd take a high lottery pick then a team that drafts around 12-13 with not alot of upside on their roster.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Well tonight I definately wanted them to win, because a Philadelphia loss would give us a higher pick.
I don't find myself cheering for the other team though, because I'm sure that this team will be able to lose its fair share of games anyways.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I don’t necessarily find myself cheering against the Raptors, but to say that I am satisfied with the losses is fair. I know to some that it might not seem such a big deal to win a few more games and not make the playoffs but then again take a look at last year’s draft:

6. Atlanta Hawks - Josh Childress
7. Chicago Bulls - Luol Deng
8. Toronto Raptors - Rafael Araujo
9. Philadelphia 76ers - Andre Iguodala
10. Cleveland Cavaliers - Luke Jackson

Just by looking at the draft from picks 6 through 10, you can see that there is a huge talent drop-off between Childress, Deng, Iguodala and Araujo, Jackson.

So yes, I do not mind seeing the losses pile on till the end of the season, because at the end it’ll mean a better pick for us – hopefully something better that Hoffa.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Slasher said:
I don’t necessarily find myself cheering against the Raptors, but to say that I am satisfied with the losses is fair. I know to some that it might not seem such a big deal to win a few more games and not make the playoffs but then again take a look at last year’s draft:

6. Atlanta Hawks - Josh Childress
7. Chicago Bulls - Luol Deng
8. Toronto Raptors - Rafael Araujo
9. Philadelphia 76ers - Andre Iguodala
10. Cleveland Cavaliers - Luke Jackson

Just by looking at the draft from picks 6 through 10, you can see that there is a huge talent drop-off between Childress, Deng, Iguodala and Araujo, Jackson.

So yes, I do not mind seeing the losses pile on till the end of the season, because at the end it’ll mean a better pick for use – hopefully something better that Hoffa.
I wouldn't say there is much of a talent drop off by any means. It was more about how good or bad the picks were from a GM's point of view.
Iggy is worth just as much as Childress if not more IMO.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i have to agree with the above. I dont necessarily cheer for losses but they dont affect my sleeping patters anymore. :biggrin:

Regardless i find myself leaning towards losses more and more with the exception of games i hate to lose such as tonight and against lets say nj

Reactions: Turkish Delight

·
Registered
211 Posts
I do cheer against them because i want them to get the best possible draft pick. I also hope they play more of Araujo & Sow but that doesn't seem to be happening. If i had the choice i would play Araujo,Sow & Bonner as much as possible.

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
I will only get angry when they do something stupid to lose a game *cough*Milt*cough*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts