Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting deeper into who the top centers in the 04' draft will be, and IMO Kosta Perovic is really standing out.

He is 7'3 and only 19 years, and unlike other hyped european centers such as Pavel, Andris Biedrins and Uros Slokar, Perovic is putting up some good state..

He is getting 22 minutes a game, and is getting 7.3 points, 4.2 rebounds, .7 blocks and .7 assists.

Not bad numbers...

Anyone have some firsthand comments on this guy.....

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ThatBlazerGuy</b>!
I have been getting deeper into who the top centers in the 04' draft will be, and IMO Kosta Perovic is really standing out.

He is 7'3 and only 19 years, and unlike other hyped european centers such as Pavel, Andris Biedrins and Uros Slokar, Perovic is putting up some good state..

He is getting 22 minutes a game, and is getting 7.3 points, 4.2 rebounds, .7 blocks and .7 assists.

Not bad numbers...

never seen him play, but thanks for the update on his play. looks like there is some coach in europe that is willing to play these young guys. Imagine LeBron couldn't play because guys like Miles had more experience...

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have seen him, and all I can say is he is big and- that is enough to be picked in nba draft obviously- if you want comparison: he is certanly better than Vranes, give him few more years in EUROPE and he could be a solid player- get him to nba and bulk him up, he'll be next Bagaric, Sundov or Brezec.
Just don't overhype him please...

About Slokar I'm not worried a bit, he is hardworking and very intelligent, with progress- he'll get more minutes next year,- so imo, he won't be drafted this year, same with Lorbek.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
What is he putting up? Are you talking about stats?

If so, take a look at Biedrins. He's one of the top five players in the Europe League - at 17!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I've seen him in the euroleague.. Right now he is not impressive.. he is weak on the boards, skinny.. and on offense does not take shots(cause of the team that doesn't trust him).. he is a long term project, but I wouldn't pick him in the lottery if I was a Gm( and neither Podkolzine, that struggles playing few minutes in italian league).
Slokar is older (20) and I've seen him play about 7,8 times.. He is a very good player.. in absence of the stating players of Benetton he played great... He already has 3p range(Europe range)... He takes rebounds, he is athletic... very quick... can be a SF.
I've seen many times also Lorbek... His touch is so soft... can be a tremendous shoter... but he is slow, very slow... and soft... on the boards, and on offense...
I agree with Matez... he won't be drafted this year.. he will wait.. and maybe also Slokar.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I agree with Matez... he won't be drafted this year..
Of course he will be drafted! He won't even fall out of the 1st round. General managers draft by potential, did you forget that?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts

Not bad numbers...

I've seen him Perovic twice..

I saw a Serbian league game and I liked him... he showed even some moves in the post, he looked good

But then I saw a Euroleague (the league with the top teams of Europe) game, and he didn't look that good... another Bagaric or Brezec, as Matiz said

I'd say that Perovic is actually a decent big body... and a proyect of a good center

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bender</b>!

Of course he will be drafted! He won't even fall out of the 1st round. General managers draft by potential, did you forget that?
i meant he is goin to wait.because I think he would be a 2nd rounder in 2004.
Anyway talking about potential I don't see too much potential in Lorbek.. He is not athletic, he is slow... soft... he has that incredible soft touch... but the release is also slow... I don't know.. he is not the kind of player that seems having tons of potential..bu he is young, he can deny me... but I'm talking about what I've seen this season(all Skipper's euroleague games, and some italian league games).. Anyway do u remember last year mock draft?? he was projected at the end of the 2nd round before he withdrew..this season he is not playing too much... so I don't think he will declare.. even if this year draft is not very deep.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Managers do draft by potencial, but if he stays in europe he can make a progress, instead of sitting on the bench.
Hopefully that changed, but Milic for instance was promised to go first round in (98 or 97 I don't know), he ended 56th pick in Phoenix scoring 27 points per 48 minutes with 60%fg being 19 years old (with 5 minutes per game)... and about potencial- he was supposedly better than Stojakovic at that time (ranked 1st euro young player, Pedja 2nd)
all the poteneial he had didn't help him **** because he came in the league as, at that time, youngest international ever (too soon)- That makes me feel staying in Europe is not such a bad idea for Slokar.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i sow him in a game agaist greek NT. Very thin can run the floor but soft,need alot of improve his offence.But in deffence for me looks good and good in bounds if he put 20kg more on his body. the best comparison right now is Radojevic (remember him?)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Matiz</b>!

Managers do draft by potencial, but if he stays in europe he can make a progress, instead of sitting on the bench.
Hopefully that changed, but Milic for instance was promised to go first round in (98 or 97 I don't know), he ended 56th pick in Phoenix scoring 27 points per 48 minutes with 60%fg being 19 years old (with 5 minutes per game)... and about potencial- he was supposedly better than Stojakovic at that time (ranked 1st euro young player, Pedja 2nd)
You didn't see Peja playing back than did you??????Milic was not as good as Peja was back then...not even close ...Peja was the best player in Greece back then (a top 3 player in Europe) something Milic wasn't....

·
Registered
793 Posts
You didn't see Peja playing back than did you??????Milic was not as good as Peja was back then...not even close ...Peja was the best player in Greece back then (a top 3 player in Europe) something Milic wasn't....
What do you think the word "supposedly" means? And I'm talking about rankings, Milic was ranged as biggest euro prospect at one time! don't get so pissed for nothing!
Anyway talking about potential I don't see too much potential in Lorbek.. He is not athletic, he is slow... soft... he has that incredible soft touch... but the release is also slow... I don't know.. he is not the kind of player that seems having tons of potential..bu he is young, he can deny me... but I'm talking about what I've seen this season(all Skipper's euroleague games, and some italian league games).. Anyway do u remember last year mock draft?? he was projected at the end of the 2nd round before he withdrew..this season he is not playing too much... so I don't think he will declare.. even if this year draft is not very deep.
He is actually playing worse than he did before he went to Michigan St. (did Izzo abuse him in some way???). He was most talented euro-prospected, mvp of junior championship- but now he is lost... I too hope he will proove me wrong.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I saw Perovic play in a preseason tournament in france . He was not yet muscular , but his frame was good. For a guy this height and age , he is impressive. So far , as a project , he could be a good shot. Though he need at least 4-5 years to become a good player. That's the point : he is already a good project , but he needs to work a lot , to play a lot , and would it be possible if he was drafted in the 1rst round? i doubt it. it's paradoxical. Divac said that Perovic was Better than Milicic (Divac is Partizan Belgrade's president , Petrovic plays in his club , so he might be biased) . I did not see Milicic so it is hard to compare. As long as i know , Milicic is more athletic. Perovic is sort of a big baby . He reminds me of frederic Weis . (yes , the posterized one). he tends to bend over just like Fredzilla.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts