Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was on ESPN not long ago. I don't know much about Manning but he could be a really cheap veteran to have around.
Any thoughts? Is he a good locker room guy?

-----------------------------------------------------------

DALLAS -- Danny Manning, a former No. 1 overall draft pick, was waived Monday by the Dallas Mavericks.

Manning, 36, signed as a free agent by the Mavericks in August, played in 41 games, averaging 4.0 points and 2.6 rebounds in 13.5 minutes last season. He wasn't on the team's postseason roster after missing 23 games at the end of the regular season because of a lower back strain.

Manning was the first overall pick in the 1988 NBA draft by the Los Angeles Clippers after he led Kansas to the NCAA title.

Los Angeles traded Manning to Atlanta midway through the 1993-94 season. The 6-foot-10 forward played the next five seasons in Phoenix, then played one season in both Milwaukee and Utah before joining Dallas.

He averaged at least 13.4 points per game for his first 10 seasons with highs of 22.8 in 1992-93 and 20.6 in 1993-94. He played in the All-Star game in 1993 and 1994.

He averaged 16.1 points and 5.1 rebounds in eight playoff appearances, totaling 39 games.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Kneepad....

..that is almost exactly what i was thinking, unless of course he could double as towel boy. :laugh: (of course I have NEVER cared for his play, EVER!_:angel:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
we could sign Manning... it's pretty feasible

afterall, i think Oakley needs a workout partner, seeing as he still hangs around the berto center and all

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Man o' man...

well, one thing is certain, he could be NO WORSE than the last mentor they brought in...Oakturd. Say what you want in the defense of oakley, he could have been brought in on practice days to teach the young bulls what he taught while hogging up a players spot. i say NO to manning!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks tbf for the props.

I don't know if I really want Manning since I think he is past being very productive on the court. If he is a really good 'character' guy then he could be worth it. However my impression of him has always been a soft player who has underachieved.

Maybe some of you out there may know more about him and could sell me on the idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts