Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grew up in Evanston, but have been living on the East Coast.

Try to catch all the Bulls at Knicks, Bulls at 76ers, and Bulls at Nets games live

GOnna be at the Chicago Bulls vs the NY Ex-Bulls on Nov 30. ANyone else going to be there?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
NYKBaller said:
I'm calling a dunk on Chandler by Curry and Crawford crossing kirk hinrich to the floor

As long as the Bulls win, that's all I am concerned with. You can have your sick crossovers and dunks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ztect said:
I grew up in Evanston, but have been living on the East Coast.

Try to catch all the Bulls at Knicks, Bulls at 76ers, and Bulls at Nets games live

GOnna be at the Chicago Bulls vs the NY Ex-Bulls on Nov 30. ANyone else going to be there?
No. :cry: *sniff*

I was supposed to but plans with the person who had tickets for me fell through. I'm dying to see the game, tho. Have fun.

Vi

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
The only way Bulls/Knicks becomes like the old days is if both teams become legit title contenders.

Anyone see that happening anytime soon?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
kukoc4ever said:
The only way Bulls/Knicks becomes like the old days is if both teams become legit title contenders.

Anyone see that happening anytime soon?
You sure thats the only way? Both teams in rebuilding mold(somewhat rebuilding) Both teams have players that used to play for the other team. They have something to prove to each other.

Both teams striving for the playoffs.

I can see a natural rivalry started. I mean look at the bulls board. Some of our biggest threads are about the Knicks, their coach and our former players.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
truebluefan said:
I can see a natural rivalry started. I mean look at the bulls board. Some of our biggest threads are about the Knicks, their coach and our former players.
There is a rivalry of sorts now.

But, it is not a restored rivalry from the 90s. That rivalry was deciding who could very well win the NBA title.

Bulls/Knicks 2005 is not anywhere near as important as those classic battles.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
kukoc4ever said:
There is a rivalry of sorts now.

But, it is not a restored rivalry from the 90s. That rivalry was deciding who could very well win the NBA title.

Bulls/Knicks 2005 is not anywhere near as important as those classic battles.
I beg to differ. This is about Secaucus. Those were about crap.

·
Premium Member
9,836 Posts
McGraw has a bit on the game in a column on Tuesday:

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/beatwriters.asp?column=mcgraw

For three dreary seasons of Bulls rebuilding, Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry represented hope for a better future.

During those years, Bulls fans could console themselves with a belief that the gifted young big men would someday mature and improve, giving the team a size advantage against most of the NBA.

So even though the Bulls have a brighter future with a new nucleus of players, it will be sad in some ways to see Chandler and Curry square off as opponents when the Bulls visit the New York Knicks on Wednesday. That old hopeful feeling has officially flown away.

That is, if both of them play. Curry missed Saturday’s win over Philadelphia with a left calf strain, and Chandler wasn’t planning to wish his longtime friend a speedy recovery.

“I hope he waits until after we play them. I’m tired of battling these big fellows,” Chandler said after spending consecutive nights guarding Tim Duncan and Yao Ming.

Curry’s injury is not thought to be serious, so chances are he’ll be out on the floor, along with two other ex-Bulls, Antonio Davis and Jamal Crawford. But most of the focus will be on Curry vs. Chandler.

“The funny thing is, I didn’t realize it was coming up so quickly,” Chandler said. “It’s not going to be everything people are making it out to be.

“I’m pretty sure he’s going to have a lot of things he wants to prove to the (Bulls) organization, but I don’t think there’s necessarily anything we need to prove to him.”
“I know my team won,” Chandler said when asked his memories of the game. “It was a good game between the both of us. I know they babied him a lot, called a lot of fouls.”

That initial matchup took place during one of Curry’s heavier stages. Often billed as “Baby Shaq” when he was young, Curry was at least a teenage Shaq who shopped in the husky aisle during this era.

“Man, he was big at that point,” Chandler said. “Huge. He was definitely 300-plus. He had to be like 315, and I was about 200 pounds. He was fouling me, but they were giving him every ticky-tack call.”

Chandler and Curry bonded as Bulls teammates. Chandler said he’s spoken with Curry frequently by phone since the trade.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just found out I have to be in NYC on Thursday (early morning), so I'm heading out Wednesday afternoon after grabbing two tickets to the game on EBay. :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Re: Anyone going to the Bulls @Knicks?

mizenkay said:
miz will be there!

:biggrin:
It's official -- I'll be squiring the miz (and vice versa) to tomorrow's game!

(What she doesn't know is that I plan to wear a half-Crawford, half-Curry Bulls jersey to the game or that I'm one of those people who yells loudly and pointlessly during dead balls and timeouts.)

Whoot!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts