Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been mentioned... don't remember seeing it. If so, I appologize.

---

"The rehab is going great. I'm actually running on an elliptical [machine] right now, which is awesome because I can get my body like I'm running. I'm actually breaking a sweat. I've been drained because the last two days they've been having me run the elliptical for around 7-9 minutes and I've been totally pooped because I haven't run in about seven months but it's been awesome."

http://www.nba.com/blog/blog11.html

·
Registered
8,438 Posts

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Anyone keeping up with Jay's NBA.com Blog?

Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!
Yep, Retro, there was a thread about this a few days back.

http://www.basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71842&forumid=27

No problem repeating it. We're all happy to see it.

Can Jay really make it all the way back? :gopray: It was always my impression that he is an incredible human being.
Yeah, I think he can.

I think the initial reports on his accident were overblown and it appears that way if he is this far along on his rehab. Time will only tell but I'm putting some money on him, for sure.

·
Warrior Spirit!
4,216 Posts
Let's imagine Jay makes it back to full strength. What would our best option (out of these 3) in the back court be:

Kirk/Jamal
Jamal/Jay
Jay/Kirk

??

Kirk and Jamal is still a work in progress...at times they've looked great, other times...
:|

Jamal and Jay I thought looked pretty good together last year, and with Skiles at the helm, they would only be better than they were last year.

Kirk and Jay would be rather small, yet explosive. Although neither Jay or Kirk is a Baron Davis, you could look at this duo as another version of Baron/Wesley. Defensively we would be at some disadvantages, but they are both very solid defenders.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Anyone keeping up with Jay's NBA.com Blog?

Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!

Yeah, I think he can.

I think the initial reports on his accident were overblown and it appears that way if he is this far along on his rehab. Time will only tell but I'm putting some money on him, for sure.
Medical technology is the most underrated development of the last 50 years. It was always painfully obvious that he would play again. But the haters and the pessimists had their way. In fact, Shambulls made a prediction the Jay would play in April. And he might just be right. He was ridiculed for that. The point is Jay will be back. And I believe that Pax knows that. Why no movement on the buyout? Because Pax knows things are better then first thought. May also be a reason Jamal is on the block

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by <b>CiMa</b>!
Let's imagine Jay makes it back to full strength. What would our best option (out of these 3) in the back court be:

Kirk/Jamal
Jamal/Jay
Jay/Kirk

??

Kirk and Jamal is still a work in progress...at times they've looked great, other times...
:|

Jamal and Jay I thought looked pretty good together last year, and with Skiles at the helm, they would only be better than they were last year.

Kirk and Jay would be rather small, yet explosive. Although neither Jay or Kirk is a Baron Davis, you could look at this duo as another version of Baron/Wesley. Defensively we would be at some disadvantages, but they are both very solid defenders.
All of them. I don't see why we couldn't keep all three to shore up the rotation at both positions. That would give you three high draft picks that can concievably play both PG/SG positions with their skillsets. What team wouldn't want that? You add one more big vet guard and you'd be set in the backcourt.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone keeping up with Jay's NBA.com Blog?

Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

Medical technology is the most underrated development of the last 50 years. It was always painfully obvious that he would play again. But the haters and the pessimists had their way. In fact, Shambulls made a prediction the Jay would play in April. And he might just be right. He was ridiculed for that. The point is Jay will be back. And I believe that Pax knows that. Why no movement on the buyout? Because Pax knows things are better then first thought. May also be a reason Jamal is on the block
As have I said the same about medical treatment. I also have been the most staunch supporter of Jay and have been ridiculed about that, too. I wish him the best and him coming back in some capacity can only be positive for the Bulls.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone keeping up with Jay's NBA.com Blog?

Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!

As have I said the same about medical treatment. I also have been the most staunch supporter of Jay and have been ridiculed about that, too. I wish him the best and him coming back in some capacity can only be positive for the Bulls.
I hope so Retro. The most disgusting thing ever witnessed on any boards was an unnamed poster actually blame Jays parents for his riding a motorcycle 5 minutes after the story broke. It was like 20% of the people took pleasure in it. I 100% agree with you. Even if Jay is nowhere near the player he could have been (i believe he will come back strong), just having him out there gives the Bulls a Willis Reed type of effect

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
I know this is getting ahead of myself, but I can't wait to see him playing outside of the triangle. This is no knock on cartright--he did his best to intesert p & r to fit his style--but with the freedom in what they are running now he should be explosive.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I'm not expecting what Jay could've, would've or should've been. But I am hoping for someone that is better than Rick Brunson........

I am hopeful that Jay can come back and be a productive part of the team.

I also believe that he'll have a tremendoius human side to add to the team. He'll be able to keep stuff in perspective.

Good luck Jay, we still want you in a Bulls Uni.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I'm one of the biggest Jason Williams fans around, but what does this mean...

Paxson knows trading Crawford won't be easy
January 9, 2004
BY ROMAN MODROWSKI
The main reason is Paxson. He's facing his first trade deadline Feb. 19 after supplanting Jerry Krause at the end of last season, and he already has pulled the trigger on several transactions. He has traded Jalen Rose, Donyell Marshall, Lonny Baxter and Roger Mason Jr. He didn't re-sign free agents Fred Hoiberg or Trenton Hassell. He bought out Dalibor Bagaric's contract and is working on a settlement with Jay Williams
Is he going to get a chance to play back in Chicago? I had heard before they were working on reaching some sort of agreement (payoff), but this is the first time I had seen it in print.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts