Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday that when Collins and Cliffy were in the game we scored points and made runs to get back into the game. Then when either went out and Krstic entered it turned into a double digit lead again. Look I love Krstic as much as anyone but his defense is terrible. He's a big liabilty. Also I think Krstic's playoff stats were kinda overblown. Yea, he averaged 17 a game but no one guarded him. Remeber The Heat's game plan. Let our big men get open looks and guard VC tight. Krstic is one dimensional and is just a scorer. Yea his shotblocking improved but to me shotblocking does not equal defense. I wouldn't mind trading Krstic at all. Now watch the Krstic lovers just attack me.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Yesterday that when Collins and Cliffy were in the game we scored points and made runs to get back into the game.

Krstic is one dimensional and is just a scorer

·
Registered
976 Posts
So Krstic is one dimensional, but Collins isn't?

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
netsgiants said:
nenad can shoot, post up with nice spin moves ands hooks and also fade aways what more you want from the guy?

Defense

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Krstic doesn't really match up well against Phoenix. Neither did Yao and he's consider the second best center in the league.

As for defense I would say it's "average" and there's alot of room for improvement. You can see he tries his best to hold his own, but getting ticky tacky fouls makes him really tentative and pretty much takes him out of the game mentally speaking. He's still 22 yrs old and very developed at his age, compared to other players.

His scoring ability is still there. Neither Okafor nor Howard(from his class) are on the same level of skill as Nenad on offense. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't seen them play. Unlike Howard, most of Nenad's scoring comes from himself, from his own repertoire of moves and nost just being feed or getting "garbage buckets".

When Nenad gets 35 minutes a game and scores in double digits. We win. Simple as that.

·
Registered
976 Posts
jizzy said:
One dimensional meaning no D.
Well Collins is one dimensional meaning no O

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Kristic just wasnt fast enough for the phoenix frontcourt. Luckily for him he wont face those kinds of matchup every game

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
it's just one game, and we don't think that collins is the element of winning.

Collins is a poor freethrow shooter, and can't attack the rim. He is not fast and doesn't know to boxout for grabbing the rebounds!

when VC and JK is lighting us when collins is on the court fortuitously doesn't means Collins is a good player so as Cliff Robinson.

most of the game, i watched Krstic defended the opponent's big men, most of their shot is missed. Nenad always stretched his long arm to disturb their shot, and it always succeeds. Also his blockshot ability is improving.I don't think Krstic is a terrible defender, the most serious case is his foul trouble.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
He'll be paired up against Mihm I believe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts