Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we need to try to add to this team without subtracting the wrong pieces.

I mean I don't see us trading for someone like Pierce, but all the Pierce, TMac trades net us a star, but don't necessarily net us any wins.

Giving up the talent we'd have to give up in order to get them, basically puts us in the same situation as the teams they are on now, which isn't much better than what we are now.

I think we have the pieces, and I think Skiles needs the rest of this season, and the offseason to get these pieces to grow and net results.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Our main problem was picking up where we left off last season around this time of the year. With Skiles and a couple more role players I believe we can do it. I just hope and pray Paxson can get those correct guys.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Yea, the main thing is organization and identity. I dont think Skiles has had enough time to put a finger on what hes dealing with, putting in plays, getting guys to hustle all in the midst of a busy NBA schedule.

I've been impressed with Crawford over the last month, and Curry has impressed me over the past 5-6 games.

Chandler needs to play himself back into shape, but I have no worries about his contributions, his back is my only worry.

Hinrich is doing his job for a rook. I like JYD, hes a keeper off the bench. I dont mind AD, but if we can get rid of his contract thats great. I'm not a huge fan of Gill, but hes good off the bench.

The SF spot is still a huge weakness. If our pick is high enough to get Okafor, then I think we should draft him and trade Chandler for a good SF. If its not high enough to get Okafor, then maybe trade the pick for a solid SF, or try to find a decent one in the draft.

Minor adjustments.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I think we're on the right track, as I did before the road trip. We need a productive preseason with the core and Skiles at the helm and then we can judge whether to scrap the team again.

Next year if the youngsters come in out of shape and lethargic I'd be surprised. If they do though, Pax, Skiles, and the 3 C's should all be shown the door.

·
Warrior Spirit!
4,216 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lorgg</b>!
Next year if the youngsters come in out of shape and lethargic I'd be surprised. If they do though, Pax, Skiles, and the 3 C's should all be shown the door.
I can pretty much guarantee that Skiles won't let them (ESPECIALLY CURRY) come in out of shape. Next year will be Curry's year...Skiles will make sure he is in better shape, and he should be producing like he is right now (with better rebouding numbers) all of next year, and not just the 2nd half.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Originally posted by <b>CiMa</b>!

I can pretty much guarantee that Skiles won't let them (ESPECIALLY CURRY) come in out of shape. Next year will be Curry's year...Skiles will make sure he is in better shape, and he should be producing like he is right now (with better rebouding numbers) all of next year, and not just the 2nd half.
I agree with you, but we thought he'd come out this year and do that. Skiles is not Cartwright though.:yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts