Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was an important game that was highlighted in the bracketology forum. i just saw the score and read the article and am hoping beyond hope for some highlights on sporscenter.

evidently, it was a nip and tuck game that was decided in the final seconds. there was also a fight of some sort according to yahoo.

anyone see it?? please comment if you did.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/recap?gid=200401280615

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tough game

It was nip and tuck threw whole game. Vandy tied it up with 9 seconds left and SC came down and tipped one in at the buzzer. The difference in the game was Vandy's missed free throws and SC's ability to hit all of theirs. I thought it was 2 very evenly matched teams. As far as the fight it was between Corey Smith of Vandy and Balkman for SC. They somehow got tangled up and Balkman hit Corey in the mouth with a closed fist and then Corey responded by throwing punches. Corey will be suspended for the Kentucky game and my gut feeling is when the tape is viewed Balkman will be suspended as well. It's very unfortunate that it happened and IMHO opinion it was a very cheap shot by Balkman and a very stupid move by Corey.

·
Registered
2 Posts
no

but I sure as hell can act like one every now and then. In my defense I only had a couple of O'Douls before the game so I was pretty calm.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the updates guys. that is a shame that corey will not play against kentucky. i think vandy has a shot at the upset. a lot of kentucky's wins have not been coming easy, and it should be an unbelievable atmosphere at the game.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What i think is hilarious about this supposed fight between corey smith and that other kid is that coach stallings said in his press conference that it's a good thing they were able to pull corey off him, cuz corey woulda killed that kid. I saw a picture that was on maybe like....us news or usa today or something like that where you can see corey sort of...well...on top of him with his fist raised, but he never did actually hit the guy. and yet, corey's the one suspended from the game on saturday even though all he got during the game was a personal foul. the other guy still gets to play despite the fact that he took a cheap shot to corey's face while corey was just boxing him out. ok...anyways...yeah...i think corey's hot...i wanna get on him. lol. bye kids.

·
Registered
582 Posts
ok...anyways...yeah...i think corey's hot...i wanna get on him. lol. bye kids.
LOL...but how do you really feel? :laugh:

·
Registered
45 Posts
i was a party last weekend and i was dancing and he looked at me and gave me one of the DAAAAAMMMMNNNN looks....i almost hyperventilated. lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts