Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marc Jackson and the Kandi-Man seem to play us as if they were Russell and Wilt. What shocks me is how Collins can play solid "D" very some of the league elite and these 2 light us up.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
That's because Collins' D is good, not superb... Cliff at 38 is 10 times the defender Collins is...

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
X-JAY said:
That's because Collins' D is good, not superb... Cliff at 38 is 10 times the defender Collins is...
Yao Ming...
22 minutes, 3-11, 2 rebounds, 6 points...

Duncan...
36 minutes, 5-16, 15 rebounds, 16 points...

Webber...
39 minutes, 6-20, 10 reboards, 10 points...

He is a better defender than Robinson, he comes up bigger vs. big names, but guys like Kandi and Jackson kill him.

-Petey

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
I thought I saw Collins guarding Garnett yesterday.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Wow, so I guess Twin is worth something after all. ;)
We really need him to step up, and it looks like he has. Just wish he could score a little more...I guess Kurly makes up for him. :)

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Dumpy said:
I thought I saw Collins guarding Garnett yesterday.
Correct. When Collins and Krstic were playing together, Collins was on Garnett (who had a sub-par game), and Krstic was on Olowokandi. Robinson guarded Garnett when he came in, but Olowokandi did almost all of his damage against Krstic.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Petey said:
Yao Ming...
22 minutes, 3-11, 2 rebounds, 6 points...

Duncan...
36 minutes, 5-16, 15 rebounds, 16 points...

Webber...
39 minutes, 6-20, 10 reboards, 10 points...

He is a better defender than Robinson, he comes up bigger vs. big names, but guys like Kandi and Jackson kill him.

-Petey
Better defender than Cliff?
Even at 38 Cliff is one of the best defenders in the NBA. He's extremely versatile on defense and he's a very special player. Collins will never belong to a defensive team (all-nba).
The fact that those players didn't shoot well from the floor doesn't mean that he's a good defender. Bad nights happens to everyone. Yao is still inconsistent and on an average day he can score 20 points on Collins. Webber had many bad games in Philly and he didn't mix that well in the begining. Duncan? I don't know what was the exact case, however he can't be stopped, certenly not by Collins and Im sure that he had a VERY bad day or an injury.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
X-JAY said:
Better defender than Cliff?
Even at 38 Cliff is one of the best defenders in the NBA. He's extremely versatile on defense and he's a very special player. Collins will never belong to a defensive team (all-nba).
The fact that those players didn't shoot well from the floor doesn't mean that he's a good defender. Bad nights happens to everyone. Yao is still inconsistent and on an average day he can score 20 points on Collins. Webber had many bad games in Philly and he didn't mix that well in the begining. Duncan? I don't know what was the exact case, however he can't be stopped, certenly not by Collins and Im sure that he had a VERY bad day or an injury.
Your argument has the look of desperation. When faced with objective facts, you revert to subjective comments.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
schub said:
Correct. When Collins and Krstic were playing together, Collins was on Garnett (who had a sub-par game), and Krstic was on Olowokandi. Robinson guarded Garnett when he came in, but Olowokandi did almost all of his damage against Krstic.
A good example of why Krstic needs to bulk up. After watching him several time in Euroleague games, I have been pleasantly surprised at how well he has been playing on the defensive end. It's his biggest improvement over last year...but against bulk, he can get hurt.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
NetIncome said:
Your argument has the look of desperation. When faced with objective facts, you revert to subjective comments.
So what you're actually saying is that we should look at stats only, right?
That might be the reason you think that Popovich (or someone else, i don't remember) is the best guard in Europe, when the answer is pretty much obvious.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
X-JAY said:
So what you're actually saying is that we should look at stats only, right?
That might be the reason you think that Popovich (or someone else, i don't remember) is the best guard in Europe, when the answer is pretty much obvious.
Petrovic. And he has past away. You could argue he was the greatest Euro player ever. The man did lead his team to 2nd behind the orginal dream team. few years in the NBA, few over seas, past away young, he was still voted to the Basketball HOF, that is what everyone though of his impact.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Petey said:
Petrovic. And he has past away. You could argue he was the greatest Euro player ever. The man did lead his team to 2nd behind the orginal dream team. few years in the NBA, few over seas, past away young, he was still voted to the Basketball HOF, that is what everyone though of his impact.

-Petey
What....?!?!?!?
Popovich and Petrovich are 2 different players. MARKO popovich is a young talented PG who plays in Zagreb. When I said "or someone else, i don't remember" I didn't mean the name. I ment that I don't remember exactly whether it was Popovich or another player. I know Petrovich well, he is indeed one of the best europeans ever (and a Nets, BTW) with great technical skills. I'm a european (my English level proves it :biggrin: ), so I know european players well. Don't think that I'm confused by different Serbian names.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
X-JAY said:
What....?!?!?!?
Popovich and Petrovich are 2 different players. MARKO popovich is a young talented PG who plays in Zagreb. When I said "or someone else, i don't remember" I didn't mean the name. I ment that I don't remember exactly whether it was Popovich or another player. I know Petrovich well, he is indeed one of the best europeans ever (and a Nets, BTW) with great technical skills. I'm a european (my English level proves it :biggrin: ), so I know european players well. Don't think that I'm confused by different Serbian names.
Ah didn't know you were talking about another, thought you meant him via the spelling...

Sorry.

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
schub said:
You are 0 for 2 in this thread. :greatjob:
Yeah, like Thomas was yesterday... very bad feeling.

-Petey

1 - 16 of 16 Posts