Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.hoopshype.com/interviews/chiriaev_sierra2.htm

Last yr...he made some weird comments bout "the NBA needs Ivan Chiriaev" but in the link he made it clear he didnt mean it at all and it was due to his english or sumthing.....if he does declare for this years draft....where would he go? and who would role the dice on him? i'm thinking low first rounder or high second....but thatz just me...its weird how last yr there was alot of scouts saying he was goin first round and now this yr no mock draft that i've seen has him anywhere on their drafts...appreciate it if you found a mock draft having him on it or any thoughts on him as a player cuz i havent seen him play ever....thx

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I saw him play in the Canadian All-star game, and I didn't think he looked that bad, he was terrible on defense, but showed some nice versatility on offense.

He has extremely slow feet, I don't know if thats because he was injured, and was tired or something. But there is no way he could play 3 in the NBA, and would be considered a slow 4 as well.

I would expect him to be a mid 2nd rounder with good workouts, late 1st-early 2nd with great workouts.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
I don't think I'd want him, especially if he really meant saying "The NBA wants and needs Ivan".

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
LOL I remember that article, I think it was in a Slam or something where I read it, where he basically said that the NBA needs him because ppl think that guys like Yao and Dirk are great players, but that his canadian high school league was better than China and Germanys pro leagues.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Anyone know how he's been playing this year? It seemed like he was training his *** off last year trying to get drafted (to go with his talking) so he's definitely got a chance to make the league eventually.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
He's still a bum, so why are you worrying about him?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
SkywalkerAC said:
Anyone know how he's been playing this year? It seemed like he was training his *** off last year trying to get drafted (to go with his talking) so he's definitely got a chance to make the league eventually.
It seems he hadnt played yet this season for Dynamo Moscow since joining them in mid February. His team is full of stars, which were bought only before this season, but they werent successfull in Europe ("5 stars - 1 ball" stuff probably).

Anyway on Dynamo site Chiraev still shows his ego saying his Most Memorable Moment is Quadruple Double. Yea right :biggrin:
The person he wants to meet the most is David Stern and favorite NBA team is Toronto Raptors.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
God, what a bum. If a GM wants to lose his job, the easiest way would be to take Ivan in the first round. He might not last to the end of the night.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
OT: this kid at myschool Looks exactly like him..ill try 2 upload a pic..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts