Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it would be such a huge win for us, i think its gonna be tough but if they hit their 3 pointers....we will likely lose cause we cant keep up with that kind of shooting if the games is in the high 80s to early 90s we will win....if it goes over 100 we are screwed!!! musT PLAY GOOD PERIMETER DEFENSE OR ITS OVER!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think Portland WILL win tonight. For some reason, I'm confident they're going to win.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Like everything else with the Blazers this year, the answer is......it depends.

Portland has shown that they can beat great times (the Kings) and teams on a long win streak (the Timberwolves). They have also shown that they can roll over and die.

They definitely have a chance tonight, but I'm not sure I would classify it as a "good" chance.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW

never thought id see the day we would be worried about playing the GRIZZLIES?

Are you kidding me?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The key to tonights game for me is whether Sheed and crew come in thinking this is our good buddy Bonzi's team now and take it very lightly; or if they come in and say "we going to kick the Grizzle off the planet for all the losses they've given us over the years!"

You will be able to tell by the way Sheed postures in the first quarter whether or not he's come to play tonight. This game is all about the Blazers attitude.

We'll seeeeeeee!:rolleyes:

I give advantage to the Grizzle cause Sheed may or may not tank this game.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Inside vs. outside

Memphis has a lot of firepower from the outside. We can't match them there. I think the key for us will be to attack them inside and rebound the ball. Don't get into a run and gun game with Memphis.

I hope our guys are fired up to play this game. It will be tough, but I think we can pull an upset.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!

I give advantage to the Grizzle cause Sheed may or may not tank this game.
I don't understand. If Wallace doesn't tank this game, then does Memphis still have an advantage? Are you already thinking that Wallace will tank this game, therefore you gave Memphis the advantage?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
If Sheed comes in focused, the Grizzle can't defend him! Sheed should attack the paint and get the whole Grizzle team in foul trouble by half time. He and Zach could give the Grizzle fits all night if they play their game.

It just depends if Sheed comes in to attack or sit around and chuck up threes!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I was very happy with this game! Although Sheed could have scored all night long in the paint, he played well when he did. Zach was unstopable. The boys never got rattled when the Grizzle would put together little runs. Nice Win!

Best play of the game without a doubt was Patterson stealing the ball from Bozo and dunking on it. On top of that a designated play just for Bozo!:laugh: :laugh:

Get um Captain Chaos!:grinning:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Re: WOW

Originally posted by <b>mixum</b>!
never thought id see the day we would be worried about playing the GRIZZLIES?

Are you kidding me?
I worried about playing the Grizzlies even when we were a good team. Them along with the Nuggets were the two crap teams that always seem to stick it to us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts