Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atlanta is probably really second guessing that max contract about now. he's a decent player, but jeez.

in years past, he'd be a ripe target for Trader Bob, except there really aren't the character issues.

I wonder if the Hawks would consider taking a mulligan on Johnson if we offered up the expiring Theo Ratliff deal and a Russkie...

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hopefully, today gave us a little glimpse as to how moot the subject could be. Webster was scoring at almost a point a minute. :O

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
theWanker said:
Atlanta is probably really second guessing that max contract about now. he's a decent player, but jeez.

in years past, he'd be a ripe target for Trader Bob, except there really aren't the character issues.

I wonder if the Hawks would consider taking a mulligan on Johnson if we offered up the expiring Theo Ratliff deal and a Russkie...
Joe was made because of having much more talent on his team, and therefore making him not the main guy. We see that he struggles as the main guy (to a degree I mean). So why would we want to bring him here, when its not like the team here is going to supply the players needed to have him become the player that he was in Phoenix.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually, i think he'd be a pretty effective player in our lineup. we really need a lethal shooter who can spread the floor and give Miles and Randolph room to operate. we have a lot of similarities to that good Phoenix team, when yout think about it:

Amare - Randolph--two guys who get you a ton of scoring in the post

Nash - Telfair--two guys who are lightning quick and can distribute

Marion - Miles--long, rangy defender-types who give you nice scoring without ever drawing much attention

obviously, our guys just aren't as good (yet) as those guys, but the potential is certainly there.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
theWanker said:
actually, i think he'd be a pretty effective player in our lineup. we really need a lethal shooter who can spread the floor and give Miles and Randolph room to operate. we have a lot of similarities to that good Phoenix team, when yout think about it:

Amare - Randolph--two guys who get you a ton of scoring in the post

Nash - Telfair--two guys who are lightning quick and can distribute

Marion - Miles--long, rangy defender-types who give you nice scoring without ever drawing much attention

obviously, our guys just aren't as good (yet) as those guys, but the potential is certainly there.
Im sure Atlanta thinks the same.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
If we could get Amare that would be the best trade.Jj isin't going any where.We already have our pg's for the future well maybe if one doesn't develope then we can trade one.a trade for amare would be something like,Theo,Smith,Krypaha something we give up young talent.I doubt it would ever happen though

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Zidane said:
If we could get Amare that would be the best trade.Jj isin't going any where.We already have our pg's for the future well maybe if one doesn't develope then we can trade one.a trade for amare would be something like,Theo,Smith,Krypaha something we give up young talent.I doubt it would ever happen though
any trade that involves Amare, would have to start with Zach..and Telfair...and Joel...and Darius...and our pick this year and next year...and more

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Hap said:
any trade that involves Amare, would have to start with Zach..and Telfair...and Joel...and Darius...and our pick this year and next year...and more
you forgot about all their first-borns too.

for the present, jj would be good for the blazers. but with so much on gamble on webster, i'd pass on jj and keep developing martell.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I just really dont think Joe is a much better shooter than Martell is right now, and by the time Martell is as old as Joe(24) I think he is definatley going to be a better shooter than Joe. Last year Joe was great because Steve got him so many open looks and defenders had to worry about Marions penetration and Amare down low. That gets you hundreds of open J's, because really Amare and Marion have to be doubled down low, they are too athletic and explosive. Now he is not getting open 3's and is shooting a dismal 29%.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Portland did try to move up and take Stoudemire, didn't they even offer Randolph to make it happen? I can't remember, but the Suns were high on the guy and still should be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts