Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway the Raptors can make a deal with NO for Davis and Magloire?

New Orleans is in deep trouble of keeping there nba team they desperately need people in the seats and who better than the man himself VINCE CARTER to fix that problem.

Here is a trade idea I came up with that works for both teams.

Toronto trades:
PG Alvin Williams
PF Donyell Marshall
PF Jerome Moiso
PG Milt Palacio
SF Vince Carter

Toronto receives:
PG Baron Davis
SF Jamal Mashburn
C Jamaal Magloire

New Orleans trades:
PG Baron Davis
SF Jamal Mashburn
C Jamaal Magloire

New Orleans receives:
PG Alvin Williams
PF Donyell Marshall
PF Jerome Moiso
PG Milt Palacio
SF Vince Carter

New Orleans gets some cap relief for next season since Donyell, Moiso, and Palacio come off the books this season and they get rid of Mashburns contract. Plus they get Vince Carter who will fill up the seats in New Orleans.

Any thoughts?

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
woah that's like trading a team for a team... I doubt a deal of that proportion would be done just 'cuz B Diddy wants out of NO. Coincidentally a Carter/Davis trade works perfectly 1 for 1, maybe NO can throw in a prospect or pick to make the trade work.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Well, this was inevitable. I guess it depends on what you think Baron is worth versus what you think Vince is worth.

If Vince is worth more, we'd have to include less to get Magloire. If Baron is worth more, we'd have to include more. This is of coarse assuming that Nawlens would be the least bit interested in Vince, which isn't impossible to think because of their tiny, uninspired fanbase.

Vince, Alvin, and Bosh for Baron and Magloire? Vince, Jalen, Donyell and Bosh for Magloire, Davis, West and Mashburn? Does it really matter?

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Originally posted by <b>McFurious</b>!
Anyway the Raptors can make a deal with NO for Davis and Magloire?
no

·
Registered
161 Posts
Davis
Rose
Mashburn
Bosh
Jamaal

Okay thats good enough to win your divison do this trade These guys are all basically all star type players they were or are going to be

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Making trades just for trades sake, of course the hornets would love this deal, when was the last time Davis and Mashburn had an injury free season. Mashburn is even contemplating retirement, sure why not trade for him.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by <b>djmyte</b>!
An allstar center and an allstar point guard in the same trade...I wish my dreams were this nice.
Its nice to dream :yes:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Baron Davis is just as injury prone as vince carter, but for some reason i would rather have CArter. Diddy jacks up too many threes. He has looked out of shape for the longest time, he had a great season last year but i would not trade vince carter for davis 1 for 1.

·
Registered
375 Posts
To be honest, I'd rather have Marbury than Davis. And even then, I wouldn't trade Carter for either of them.

If we trade Carter, we should trade him for good young players and draft picks and maybe some cap relief.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
They probably could make a deal for Baron Davis if they were willing to give up enough (i.e. Chris Bosh) in the deal. However, I don't see New Orleans even dancing around the idea of trading Magloire.

Alvin Williams, Lamond Murray, Chris Bosh and a first round pick for Baron Davis would intrigue the Hornets at least a little bit.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
Bosh is untoucable.
He will be one of the best PF's in the leauge in a season or 2.

He will be right up thier with Jermaine O'Neal and perhaps in 3 years Close to where KG was last year.

He definetely will blow it up as a PF.
With someonre doing hte dirty work for him (Moiso/Arauja it will make life much easier for CB4)

Last year he did the dirty work now someone else will do it.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Junkyard Dog13</b>!
Bosh is untoucable.
He will be one of the best PF's in the leauge in a season or 2.

He will be right up thier with Jermaine O'Neal and perhaps in 3 years Close to where KG was last year.

He definetely will blow it up as a PF.
With someonre doing hte dirty work for him (Moiso/Arauja it will make life much easier for CB4)

Last year he did the dirty work now someone else will do it.
I wish I was as optimistic as you...

And as far as those trades go? Trading a team that's headed nowhere (Raptors) for a playoff team (Hornets) sounds like a pretty good idea.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!

team that's headed nowhere (Raptors)
The Raptors have put together the best team this offseason than the last two seasons. Saying they're not going anywhere shows your poor knowledge of Raptor ball. Go back to the Pistons board.

·
Steal of the Draft
8,043 Posts
Originally posted by <b>guyinabox</b>!
Davis
Rose
Mashburn
Bosh
Jamaal

Okay thats good enough to win your divison do this trade These guys are all basically all star type players they were or are going to be
Or Not. Mashburn is hurt. He always is. Davis is overweight, and always comes to camp out of shape. If he actually worked out, replaced the fat with Muscle, the guy would be a 24/8/5 type player, but he's not. Magloire, is a good C.

Also, I doubt you get Magloire, unless you add in Bosh or someone young.

BFreak.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts