Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
After two wins (Villanova, @ Colorado), and just prior to regaining its best perimeter shooter after a month-long absence, Kansas drops a spot. This marks the FOURTH WEEK IN A ROW that Kansas has not lost a game, yet dropped in the polls. Oh well, rankings don't matter until the end. But it's interesting.

Strength of schedule
Kansas: 18
Pittsburgh: 118
Nevada: 51

Food for thought.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
After two wins (Villanova, @ Colorado), and just prior to regaining its best perimeter shooter after a month-long absence, Kansas drops a spot. This marks the FOURTH WEEK IN A ROW that Kansas has not lost a game, yet dropped in the polls. Oh well, rankings don't matter until the end. But it's interesting.

Strength of schedule
Kansas: 18
Pittsburgh: 118
Nevada: 51

Food for thought.
I think that whuppin' from Reno is still fresh in the minds of voters.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!

I think that whuppin' from Reno is still fresh in the minds of voters.
Yip. But it's not like Nevada is chopped liver. They're pretty damn good.

Regardless, it's mostly meaningless, but I do find these rankings a bit hilarious. Especially knowing that the same fools who make these polls also thought Missouri was a top 5 team at the beginning of the year.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!

Yip. But it's not like Nevada is chopped liver. They're pretty damn good.

Regardless, it's mostly meaningless, but I do find these rankings a bit hilarious. Especially knowing that the same fools who make these polls also thought Missouri was a top 5 team at the beginning of the year.
That is true. Mizzou is on a downward spiral right now.

I was sad to hear my Nevada-boy Padgett is out w/ a foot injury. I hope it's not chronic.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!

That is true. Mizzou is on a downward spiral right now.

I was sad to hear my Nevada-boy Padgett is out w/ a foot injury. I hope it's not chronic.
Sounds like it's the same type of think his freshman buddy JR Giddens had before the season started, and he hasn't shown any signs of a lingering after-effect (and JR's was probably more serious, as his required surgery). Hopefully after a couple weeks rest he'll be good to go, he won't miss any overly competitive (knock on wood) games as long as it's not any more serious then they're letting on right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts