Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<center>

Memphis Grizzlies (41-31) @ Toronto Raptors (30-43)
April 6th, 2005, 7:00PM EST
Rogers Sportsnet

Rafer Alston, Morris Peterson, Jalen Rose, Chris Bosh, Rafael Araujo

Jason Williams, Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Pau Gasol, Lorenzen Wright</center>

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
speedythief said:
Containing Battier will be important. He burned us last time, scoring a career-high in points.
That's the thing about Memphis though... they have so many options, and you never know who might burn you next. We just have to play solid team defense, period.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
speedythief said:
Containing Battier will be important. He burned us last time, scoring a career-high in points.
That's the thing about Memphis though... they have so many options, and you never know who might burn you next. We just have to play solid team defense, period.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree Bud Boy, I guess winning this one wouldn't really be to our advantage. In a way I want to win a few more games, so we can surpass our total of 33 from last year, but at the same time, that won't do us any good come draft day.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
By the way guys, it seems like in the last game we had too many short posts. Let's try to have longer posts for this game thread, try typing more than just the score or "Rose For Three!". I'm not going to single anyone out, in fact, I had a lot of short posts of my own, which I will reduce for Wednesday's game.
All I'm saying is let's make the posts a little longer. Elaborate!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Even though Memphis will be playing Denver (a fast paced team) the night before this game, I still don't fancy our chances. Deep team, therefore less effects of fatigue.

Memphis 92-87 Raptors

·
Registered
721 Posts
Im sayin...

Grizz-105
Raps-99

I hate to bet aginst the Raps, but the Grizz jus have too many weapons at their disposal. And with Sam's new plan to get all the young guys in (not that i disagree with it), it might come along with a loss.

Hopefully Bosh will be able to work his way around the oft-injured Pau, and get another ncie 20 & 10. CB4 and Pau are pretty similarly built players, so he wont be able to use his usual edge in athletisicm as much as usual. But hopefully with his ever growing aresenal of fade-away's and double pumps, he can work some magic.

Rafer needs his team mates help. Hands down. Yes hes only had 6 dimes in the past 3 games, but that doesnt mean hes only made 6 great passes in that time. When the Raps hit shots, Skip's assist total goes up. Simple as that.

Its at the ACC, so Mo-P should be good for 18-22pts and a good 3 or 4 treys. We all know he only knows how to play at home.

Jalen might not be able to post up as he usually does if he gets matched up with the bigger Battier. But he should still be able to have an effective game if he stop Shane from goin off as he did March 4th.

Hoffa will hopefully get to play past the 8:00 mark of the 1st Q with Sam's newly implemented plan to play the young'ins. As long as he doesnt pick up a few quick fouls, he might get to play more than garbage time. I personally wouldnt mind seeing him his a few more 15 footers as he did last game, an do his usual and grind out in the low blocks.

Donyell will hopefully wake up from his recent case of stone hands. Raps need his bench scoring to start runs/get out of slumps. His shots always seem to bring the ACC faithful to thier feet.

Pape should be able to pitch in another solid 10-15min performance. He has to take advantage of his opps. at the line and not go 1-4 again. Its a great sign to see his hustle out there and show off some of his athleticism, but he just cant be so tentative when he gets the ball in the blocks amongst the towers.

It would also be a welcome sight to see the Red Rocket start hitting a few more shots as we has a month ago. He hasnt made double digits since the loss to the Bulls, even though the Raps are only 8-15 when he breaks double digits. The win and loss column is not what matters at this point in the year. Its developing the future.

Milt has been better as of late. Hitting the good majority of his open shots and even managing to pass the ball a few times a game. Even though he won't be around next year, its still nice to develop players.

Long enough for you Turk...? :biggrin:

·
Registered
111 Posts
ONECOOLJEW's prolly right, but hey, if the 'young' guys can manage to actually win, rememeber it shows room for more positive growth on their part in teh future....

1 - 20 of 98 Posts