Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we are in the last month of the NBA's regular season? Will the Sixers make the playoffs? With their destiny in their own hands, missing the postseason would result in the Sixers having no one but themselves to blame. Holding the final spot in the Eastern playoffs by a game, the Sixers can't afford to slip too far.

April 1- Vs Mavericks (48-23; Road: 24-11)
April 3 - @ Celtics (38-33; Home: 25-12)
April 6 - Vs Bobcats (15-55; Road: 3-31)
April 8 - Cavaliers (37-32; Road: 11-23)
April 9 - @ Wizards (40-30; Home: 25-9)
April 12 - Celtics (38-33; Road: 13-21)
April 14 - Heat (54-18; Road: 22-13)
April 15 - @ Pacers (36-34; Home: 20-14)
April 17 - @ Nets (34-38; Home: 20-16)
April 18 - Bucks (27-44; Road: 7-29)
April 20 - Hawks (11-60; Road: 3-34)

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
All completely winnable games except for the Mavericks and the Heat. I don't know how well we will do, but I really hope we can win the ones against the Celtics at least.

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
they beat dallas without AI earlier. I'm pessimistic about this team, mostly beacuse I don't like the way the ball is going away from AI, it's cooling him off from where he's been, and that kills their playoff chances.

Boston has lost 4 in a row, and has 7 of 11 games away. If the sixers can sweep the series, they stand a great chance of getting third. But I don't believe this team has the ability to get motivated for a whole game, much less two.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sliccat said:
they beat dallas without AI earlier. I'm pessimistic about this team, mostly beacuse I don't like the way the ball is going away from AI, it's cooling him off from where he's been, and that kills their playoff chances.
I haven't seen evidence of the ball going away from AI, when Webber was healthy Iverson's touches actually went up, they just took touches from other players to fit Webber in.

As we all know the Sixers started this month off rough by getting absolutely pounded Vs Dallas, now they have a chance to even their record for the month Vs Boston. Here's hoping for a W.

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
PhillyPhanatic said:
I haven't seen evidence of the ball going away from AI, when Webber was healthy Iverson's touches actually went up, they just took touches from other players to fit Webber in.

As we all know the Sixers started this month off rough by getting absolutely pounded Vs Dallas, now they have a chance to even their record for the month Vs Boston. Here's hoping for a W.
You haven't been able to see the recent games, right?

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sliccat said:
You haven't been able to see the recent games, right?
Since the Webber trade the only game I haven't been able to watch was the Suns game.

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
then, the next time you open your eyes, you might see that AI takes the ball up, gives it away, then has to run around the court twice to get it back. that's exactly why LB moved him to SG.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sliccat said:
then, the next time you open your eyes, you might see that AI takes the ball up, gives it away, then has to run around the court twice to get it back. that's exactly why LB moved him to SG.
You're talking about that? That happens nowhere near frequently enough to cool him off. Your talking about something that happens less than ten possessions a game.

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
PhillyPhanatic said:
You're talking about that? That happens nowhere near frequently enough to cool him off. Your talking about something that happens less than ten possessions a game.
No, that happens every other possesion at least, and when CWebb gets the ball, it's worse, because it turns him into a jump shooter. I don't like the idea of the offense revolving around webber either, and it was getting closer and closer to that. I would have been almost glad to see webber injured, except now we've got rodney rodgers.

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
sixers need to try and go 7-2 the rest of the month they've got all completely winnable games(they've beaten Miami before, and they need to send a message). plus they've got six at home. The cavs are struggling, maybe a 7th, or even 3rd might still be possible. Of course the could win 8 or 9 talent wise, but I don't trust them to stay motivated.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
1-1 so far with a win against Boston and a loss against the Mavericks. So far it's going my way.

·
Registered
207 Posts
completely off topic, im glad to see PhillyPhanatic has the Andrew Toney avatar...awesome man, glad your payin respect to the good ol boston strangler :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Eatinthepudding8 said:
completely off topic, im glad to see PhillyPhanatic has the Andrew Toney avatar...awesome man, glad your payin respect to the good ol boston strangler :biggrin:
I haven't been a fan long enough to know about Andrew Toney, I just know he was a good shooter. What does he have to do with Boston?

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kunlun said:
I haven't been a fan long enough to know about Andrew Toney, I just know he was a good shooter. What does he have to do with Boston?
Let's just say Andrew came out and put up some of his best performances Vs the Celtics in the teams' postseason wars. I wasn't old enough to watch them when they were happening, but I heard a fair deal about them. And look it brought the team good luck today.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shockingly we are 4-1 to start the month of March. With the Celtics coming up on Tuesday, and the team having three days to rest and get ready, it should be exciting.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
PhillyPhanatic said:
Shockingly we are 4-1 to start the month of March. With the Celtics coming up on Tuesday, and the team having three days to rest and get ready, it should be exciting.
With a win over the Celtics the Atlantic Division title will be very very attainable.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Kunlun said:
With a win over the Celtics the Atlantic Division title will be very very attainable.
I think that we'll take it, unless we get into another slump, hopefully when Webb gets back, we keep up this high level of play.

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
While they definately can get 3rd, they have 4 killer games coming up next. Boston and NJ are going to be determined to beat them, Indiana is on a surge, and Miami is Miami. If they can win at least two(one a boston) of the next 4, and win their last two, they should be able to get a tiebreaker over boston, since they'll probably lose 3 games.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts