Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get ready for the Yankees people. After the Yankees start their season the Nets will have 8 games left.

Four of them will go head to head with Yankees games and YES will show the Yankees games (already on schedule at YES site). So while we are battling for our playoff lives we will miss:

9 - BOS
15 - @ TOR
19 - WAS
20 - @ BOS

Two games are on after Yankees' games. These will be in jeopardy if we have rain delays or extra innings. These are:

5 - @CLE
17 - PHI

Two games will be available on other networks:

7 - NY (on MSG)
13 - @ IND (on ESPN)

So out of the last 8 games, if the April showers rain down upon us, we could possibly miss 6 games due to the Yankees games (may I add pointless Apr games no less). We definately will miss 4 huge games including the last 2.

Unless I'm missing something. Does anyone no of an alternate channel planning to show these games. No mention of it on the YES schedule. :curse:

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
That totally blows. And btw/ Welcome Netted. Good to have you over here as well. Any questions about feature on this board (there's a lot of crazy stuff, repping, avatars, etc.) or whatever, feel free to ask, either in a thread or w/ a PM.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
SeaNet, you mentioned you're recording games. Where do you record it from?

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks SeaNet. So far I'm getting the hang of it. Easy to post just a little odd to look at.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Welcome Netted!

April 9th game against Boston is on Telemundo.

I seem to recall them being on the Metro channel when they were bumped by the Yankees last year. Can't check the listings yet for games after the 13th though.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
faNETicS said:
SeaNet, you mentioned you're recording games. Where do you record it from?
I've got League Pass. I highly recommend the investment, if it is within one's budget. I got the second half of the season (every game for every team) for $109. Gotta have digital cable or satellite, though.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Shub. I don't get Metro. Comcast customer. I remember when the games were on FSNY and Cablevision would put the games on Metro to force Comcast into carrying that channel. God I hated that! I missed quite a few games.
:boohoo:

I hope they have some overflow channel set up for Comcast customers. YES doesn't make any reference. Any YES employees out there? Tell us what the story is.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
SeaNet said:
I've got League Pass. I highly recommend the investment, if it is within one's budget. I got the second half of the season (every game for every team) for $109. Gotta have digital cable or satellite, though.
Can't love, Time Warner too much...

We'll be at the April 17th game for the BBB.net Nets board Get-Together... :D

-Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
SeaNet said:
That's what I thought too.
My wife is convincing me too convert to digital cable, but I refrain from getting one as the price increase is not reasonable.
Maybe if I tell her to get a league pass as a compromise for digital cable? Aaarrggghhh, higher bills ... damn it, I hate to give Comcast our hard earned moolahs.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Netted- said:
Do I have to dust off my spanish?
Game is on Telemundo?

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
faNETicS said:
That's what I thought too.
My wife is convincing me too convert to digital cable, but I refrain from getting one as the price increase is not reasonable.
Maybe if I tell her to get a league pass as a compromise for digital cable? Aaarrggghhh, higher bills ... damn it, I hate to give Comcast our hard earned moolahs.
I struggled w/ the same thing. I hate handing over $100/month to Comcast (cable and internet). But I'm telling you, League Pass is a dream come true for a fan of an out of town team.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm guessing NBALP will still have these, even when YES isn't carrying them? But that means we'll have to listen to the other team's commentators. Yuck. lol

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
booooooooooooooo. These are all really important games, much more important then a few games at the beginning of the yankees season, especially since they are against Baltimore (2), Tampa Bay, and Toronto. I don't even follow baseball, but we all know the yankees are gonna win all those games. Put on the nets!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
SeaNet said:
I struggled w/ the same thing. I hate handing over $100/month to Comcast (cable and internet). But I'm telling you, League Pass is a dream come true for a fan of an out of town team.
If I get a league pass next season, then I'll feel guilty if I didn't get MLB for my Yankees too. Aaaaahhh. :curse:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Last year the Nets games were moved to WLNY (I believe) Channel 55. Certian Cable systems dont get that channel so many of us may be screwed.

Question: If I get league pass now can I still get the Nets feed even if the games were supposed to be on YES? Will they Black it out?

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I forgot about WLNY 55 that is where I think they put the Nets games on Comcast. They better!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just emailed the yes network with a rough complaint and posted a link to this forum in my letter so they can see how we feel, as soon as I get something back, I will share with you guys. Lets hope for the best, and get the more important april games on the TV. Nets vs. Celtics or Yankees vs. Orioles? Come On Yes Network, make the right desicion.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts