Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do u guys think that araujo would re-sign with the raps? i mean, that is if babcock is still around.

personally, i think he won't get another contract after his rookie one is done...any thoughts?

·
Registered
786 Posts
aizn said:
do u guys think that araujo would re-sign with the raps? i mean, that is if babcock is still around.

personally, i think he won't get another contract after his rookie one is done...any thoughts?
As much as I was routing for Hoffa now that every game goes by Im wishing we drafted Iggy over him. Im starting to lose faith in his play he does not derserve to be re-signed. IMO Mitchell should also be blamed for Hoffa's play. He should be developing this big man and giving him all of the attention he needs in practice inorder to improve his game.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Someone out there has got to think that the guy might be able to play the game at an NBA level.

I say get rid of him in a package this season.

·
Banned
662 Posts
Frigen Waive him he is so useless, i mean i know we cant do that because thats financially retarded, but you could have some super underdized big man, and he would be more usefull, hoffa is the worst basketball player in the NBA...end of story.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Depends. We have a guy like Loren Woods on the roster for a very small salary. Is Hoff better than Woods? I think so, and I don't think it's close.

So I would keep Araujo, even if he hasn't shown much, simply because big men with any skill are hard to come by cheap.

But if things continue down the path we're on, why would he want to stay?

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
I think he will stay if nothing else to keep it looking like it was a good pick

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
If it wasn't for the Raptors picking him 8th overall, nobody would have known this guys name and he would have been a player picked in the mid first round who years later are like, who was this guy???

At least the Raptors made him one the most well known busts in draft history.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
speedythief said:
Depends. We have a guy like Loren Woods on the roster for a very small salary. Is Hoff better than Woods? I think so, and I don't think it's close.

So I would keep Araujo, even if he hasn't shown much, simply because big men with any skill are hard to come by cheap.

But if things continue down the path we're on, why would he want to stay?
good point, it's not like babcock is makign it easy for players to re-sign given the direction of the team. but at any rate, do u honestly think he's gonna get offers from other teams? he'd probably seek roughly 2 mil a season, which i think is 2 much for him on any team.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
aizn said:
good point, it's not like babcock is makign it easy for players to re-sign given the direction of the team. but at any rate, do u honestly think he's gonna get offers from other teams? he'd probably seek roughly 2 mil a season, which i think is 2 much for him on any team.
7-footers will always have a job. There is always a market for them.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Hoffa will be offered a contract by another team, probably for a reasonable price, and I think the Raps will match. So yeah, I think he'll stay on with the team. A big man like Hoffa is usually worth at least 5 mill a season, even if he doesn't really improve from his current state; hopefully we can keep him for around that much.

Affordable big men are the way to go. You don't want to be forced into seriously overpaying your big bangers, as many teams are.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Hoffa's got some basketball skills, the coaching staff just doesn't use them to proper use. Thus far the team has been trying to use him differently from what he was in college and Hoffa's just not getting used to it yet (i.e. Bonner as an SF), nor has he been given enough time to.

Even if he was let go by the end of his rookie contract teams still give him a contract. If players like Zendon Hamilton or Esteban Batista are given roster spots Hoffa will surely get one. But I have a feeling that he'll be on a Rick Adelman team if Babcock doesn't want him.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts