Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/9323441/rss

NEW YORK -- Former New Orleans Hornets forward Chris Andersen's dismissal from the NBA for violating the league's drug policy was upheld by an arbitrator Monday.

Andersen was dismissed and disqualified from the league in late January. He is not eligible to apply for reinstatement for two years.

Andersen and the players union had filed a grievance, but arbitrator Calvin Sharpe rejected it.

According to the league's collective bargaining agreement, a player can be disqualified only for a fourth positive test for performance-enhancing drugs, or a first positive test for "drugs of abuse." The drugs on that list include amphetamines, cocaine, LSD, heroin, codeine and morphine.

Andersen has not previously been suspended for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs.

· Have a GREAT day!
13,758 Posts
girllovesthegame said:
LOL!! Everytime Andersen is mentioned this question comes up. Chances are we may never know unless a "Beyond The Glory" type story is aired.
I believe glory would have to be attained before one can go beyond it...

· Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,241 Posts
Jsimo12 said:
I believe glory would have to be attained before one can go beyond it...
LOL! You're probably right but just making it to the NBA is glory for some. Especially seeing as Bird didn't come from a whole hell of a lot to begin with. I've met him and he was a really nice guy. Just made a terrible mistake.

· Registered
1,642 Posts
Denver fan here,

The "Birdman" used to out in LoDo (Downtown) all the time all boozed up. We used to see him in the clubs a lot, especially after big wins! He was a big partier, but that doesn't mean he's not a great guy.

Had some friends that swore they knew he was on blow, but you never know. Wouldn't suprise me though being in big party scenes especially in Downtown Denver. Big Coke city...

Was sad to see Birdman leave...he needs a haircut though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.