Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or did <b>Mason Jr.</b> look better than <b>Palacio</b> ever has. And I am not just talking about the fact that he hit two shots that Palacio never makes.

By the time <b>Milt</b> comes back he may be in a heated battle for minutes with <b>Roger</b> - could make them both better. It is obvious Chicago did not trade him cause he is crummy. But they have 3 young utra-talented Jay Williams, Jamal Craford and Kirk Hinrich so <b>Mason Jr.</b> was never going to play.

As far as <b>Archibald</b> is concerned I liked what I saw - good descion making, hustle and positional play. He needs work but I would not call him a project. KO has no excuse to over use Bosh (injured) and <b>Marshal</b> (playing with no energy lately) now.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Well Mason Jr. has impressed O'Neill, I just hope he gets a consistent 8-10 minutes every game, because he's finally healthy for once in his career and showing what he can do. Not bad considering we traded our 3rd string 31 year old point guard for him.

As for Archibald, he showed some passing skills in the post, and showed some excellent interior defense. Though he probably won't get consistent playing time, I'd like to see him get on the court if we're getting beat inside the paint against bigger froncourts(almost every game).

·
Registered
605 Posts
Originally posted by <b>charlz</b>!

It is obvious Chicago did not trade him cause he is crummy. But they have 3 young utra-talented Jay Williams, Jamal Craford and Kirk Hinrich so <b>Mason Jr.</b> was never going to play.
i see ur point, but then why did they trade him for another pg

·
Registered
187 Posts
because GG thought it would be a funny trick, shortly after chris jefferies said he really didn't like rick brunson, that he would send RB along with him.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SlamDunkShot</b>!
because GG thought it would be a funny trick, shortly after chris jefferies said he really didn't like rick brunson, that he would send RB along with him.
but it was still dumb how GG traded Rush for Jefferies

·
Registered
816 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Vinsanity</b>!

No, you see, that was required to set up the practical joke in the first place. It wasn't Kareem Rush who doesn't like Brunson, it's Chris Jefferies.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Vinsanity</b>!

Hell, he preferred Jefferies over J.R. Bremer. I was watching "Behind The Scenes Of The Pre-2002 Draft" or whatever it's called on Raptors TV. Glen Grunwald and Lenny Wilkens were observing both prospect's games, and in all honesty, Jefferies just had the better game.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!

Hell, he preferred Jefferies over J.R. Bremer. I was watching "Behind The Scenes Of The Pre-2002 Draft" or whatever it's called on Raptors TV. Glen Grunwald and Lenny Wilkens were observing both prospect's games, and in all honesty, Jefferies just had the better game.
you can file this one under hind site is 20/20 - the main reason why GG did the move is to get instant PG help (lindsey hunter) and avoid having to give their draft pick 2ost over money(rush).

So they would have a marginally smaller payroll paying out 27th over all money which is a few hundred thousand less or something... so ya it was a chincey little cap move on two players who they thought were a wash.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Arch made a few passes but he sucked on defense. His man hit a few open shots. Play Moiso he can hit the shots, shoot FT and make plays near the basket. As well as shotbloking.

Arichiblard is garbage, Moiso is much better. And that's bad.

·
Registered
187 Posts
moiso is obviously a great all around player. i don't understand why he's not starting every game!!!

:rolleyes:

Keon, he's on the bench for a reason. it's nice that you think you know everything, but i'm sure the coach who continuously deals with the players themselves has a little bit more of an understanding than someone who sits on messageboards all night.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by <b>KeonBackinTO</b>!
Arichiblard is garbage, Moiso is much better. And that's bad.
Moise is more gifted athletically (speed jumping reflexes) but the guy is either very low on the intelligence scale or stubborn - because he refuses to play responsibly on both ends of the court.

...My Question is out of Lonny, Moiso and Arch who's shortcoming make them more unattractive? Which is the lesser of 3 evils?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I didn't say Moiso was good, but he's better then Arch.

We need defense, and Moiso can do that. Arch looked alright on O, but his D just sucked.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts

We need defense, and Moiso can do that. Arch looked alright on O, but his D just sucked.
Based on the last 2 games excluding today's? 'Cause he was doing all the dirty work, like hustlin' and dishin' like crazy. Archibald is NOT crap, 'cause that's why he's in the NBA.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

after today's game against the blazers do you still think his D sucked?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I don't think I agree - he can not get up on shooters but he knows where to go and he knows how to clear out space in the key. Raps need a guy like him who is humble, hardworking and knows how to play without the ball.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Arch played pretty good on D, and he made me look stupid.

But I think Moiso could do better if given the chance, but with KO as coach i doubt that will ever happen.

Also, why didn't Mason play at all today, KO is really stubborn about his rotation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts