Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jimmy Jackson-would be my pick, but T-Wolves have more $ to spend!

Raja Bell would be my 2nd choice. He is a very solid bench player.

Stephen Jackson would be my 3rd option, but L.A. probably can't lure him for 1.5 mil, when Denver can pay him 3 times as much.

If L.A. does not pick up another FA, they will still win the championship. If they do, their season record will improve a few games though. Either, 75-7 w/o a FA or 78-4 w/a FA. Those are my predictions anyways. Title #15 Here we come!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Lakers-14xChampions</b>!
If L.A. does not pick up another FA, they will still win the championship. If they do, their season record will improve a few games though. Either, 75-7 w/o a FA or 78-4 w/a FA. Those are my predictions anyways. Title #15 Here we come!!!!
if that's the improvement (!), i seriously doubt they're still in the market for another FA. if they're already expecting to win 75 games (!), i don't think they can justify paying even more tax for the sake of utter domination (as if 75 wins isn't dominating... but still). of course, i could be wrong.

second, i don't think there is any way in hell they're going to win that many games to begin with. the team looks beautiful on paper, absolutely, but not THAT beautiful. in order to win 75-78 games, you'd have to be not only the "best team ever assembled", but "the best team ever assembled in the history of pro sports by a considerable margin". that's just way too many games, dude.

but championship favourites, no doubt.

peace

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Jimmy Jackson-would be my pick, but T-Wolves have more $ to spend!
How so? They are way over the cap, and they used their MLE on Michael Olowakandi.:confused:

·
Registered
713 Posts
I doubt they are serouisly considering bringing in more new players.

My options:
sign G-F DerMarr Johnson
sign G Kendall Gill
re-sign G Brian Shaw
sign G Raja Bell
sign G-F Steve Smith
sign G-F Felipe Lopez
sign G Dion Glover

G Jon Barry, G-F Jimmy Jackson and G-F Stephen Jackson are too expensive.

This is my favorite line-up:
<b>LOS ANGELES LAKERS</b>
C S.O'Neal__H.Grant__J.Sampson
F K.Malone__S.Medvedenko__B.Cook
F D.George__R.Fox__L.Walton
G K.Bryant__K.Rush__B.Shaw
G G.Payton__D.Fisher__J.Pargo

Indicates New Addition

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Dion Glover, Dermarr Johnson, Raja Bell and Kendall Gill are the best likely options.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I heard that one of the reasons the Kings made that Keon Clark trade was so that they would have some money left to re-sign Jim Jackson. That's too bad because I'd love to see the Lakers get him.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
If L.A. does not pick up another FA, they will still win the championship. If they do, their season record will improve a few games though. Either, 75-7 w/o a FA or 78-4 w/a FA.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the comic relief dude! Delusional fans are always a fun time.

78-4? Dude, the dream team wouldn't go 78-4.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You think the 72-10 Bulls were that much better than this Laker team. I think you are the delusional one dude! Tell me who is going to beat the Lakers this year, and then call me delusional!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Caron_Butler</b>!
do the lakers still have to follow a salary cap???how do you still have moneY?

A Team can still sign players for their "minimum wage" no matter how far over the cap a team is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
John Barry would be a great burst of energy, but I don't think he would play for the Minimum! I could be wrong though. L.A. is a great place to be next season!:yes: :yes: :yes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts