Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, it sure doesn't seem like it.

I hope the Grizzlies keep playing with a chip on their shoulder.

Blah.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
I think the team is getting more respect among coaches and other players around the league, with the exception of Brendan Haywood and Chris Whitney. :uhoh:

But after the wins against Denver and Sacramento, Adelman and Bzdelik commented on the Grizzlies being a playoff team, ect.

As far as the media goes, I would have to say 'no'.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Originally posted by talula!
But after the wins against Denver and Sacramento, Adelman and Bzdelik commented on the Grizzlies being a playoff team, ect.
I'm not a fan of that Adelman character down in Sac-Town. He always held J-Will back. I've read that Adelman never took the time to help J-Will with his bad attitude, and play during J-Wills time there. Hubie has helped him in both of those aspects here in Memphis.

I bet Adelman just said that because his team got crushed down in Memphis. He wouldn't have said it otherwise IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C-MO 22 LD</b>!
I'm not a fan of that Adelman character down in Sac-Town. He always held J-Will back. I've read that Adelman never took the time to help J-Will with his bad attitude, and play during J-Wills time there. Hubie has helped him in both of those aspects here in Memphis.

I bet Adelman just said that because his team got crushed down in Memphis. He wouldn't have said it otherwise IMO.
I don't like Adelman either, but I don't think that was the case. He even complimented Jason, which I'm sure was difficult for him.

·
Registered
364 Posts
nah,no respect until we actually do something,just getting there wont even be enough.we must advance.

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Adelman is a great coach, as is Hubie, but the fact is, is that when Adelman had Williams, he was out of control, having the worst assist/to ratio, Bibby was a little more smooth and had a better shot... Jason got older, and more mature and calmed down and is a great PG, i think it had more to do with Williams just being young and in the spotlight than Adelman... Remember how much exposure J Will got when he was on the Kings?

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
Remember how much exposure J Will got when he was on the Kings?
I think it had more to do with him being on a winning team than anything. JWill's getting a lot of exposure again now that memphis is winning.

how about the exposure that BIBBY got?? He went from a nobody into this hero who almost single-handedly beat the Lakers. He was pretty overrated for quite a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts