Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Volleyball Coach
24,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Roddney shares my viewpoint that Dre isn't a good fit for the Nuggets, especially with his relationship issues with Melo. However, the FA market isn't very good, so any trade the Nuggets make with Dre would have to bring another PG back. Unless there is a blockbuster, I see another full season of Dre maning the point.

Now I know that some of you are going to talk about how important Dre is to the team; however, the floor spacing the half court still sucks when Dre is running the point.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
cpawfan said:
I know that Roddney shares my viewpoint that Dre isn't a good fit for the Nuggets, especially with his relationship issues with Melo. However, the FA market isn't very good, so any trade the Nuggets make with Dre would have to bring another PG back. Unless there is a blockbuster, I see another full season of Dre maning the point.

Now I know that some of you are going to talk about how important Dre is to the team; however, the floor spacing the half court still sucks when Dre is running the point.
i think this team has a lot of options this off season. i dont think we are stuck with Dre at all.

Let me ask you this. outside of JKidd, Nash, and others we could land without trading people we dont wanna trade, what PG would you like to have. Forget about trade senerios, just name the ideal PG.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There probably isn't a perfect choice, but Jason Terry or Mike James would do wonders for the offense. Ridnour would also help the offense, however, he would hurt the defense.

A Derek Fisher/Marcus Banks combo would be very nice. Brevin Knight is a willing passer, however, he would get killed on defense.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
dre has been the second best player on this team. consistancy is important...

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
well besides terry, all those pg's u mentioned all play for teams with losing records.

i'll take consistancy

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Also, the floor spacing isn't all his fault. The coach and players all have a lot to say about that. You can't place all the blame on Dre for what other people do.

Let's look at the things he is completely responsible for when determining his importance to the team.

First of all, he's a smart basketball player who knows when to pass and when not to pass.
Secondly, he can score as well as any PG in the league.
Thirdly, he's the best post up PG in the league.
Finally, he knows what it takes to win, and is willing to do it.

Now, he's not the best PG in the league, and his half court offense generaling is lacking. However, nobody on the team knows really what to do in a half court set, and that's not how the team was built. If we wanted to bulid a half court team, we wuoldn't be utilizing the altitude factor at all, which is not what management wants.

·
Registered
89 Posts
darth-horax said:
Also, the floor spacing isn't all his fault. The coach and players all have a lot to say about that. You can't place all the blame on Dre for what other people do.

Let's look at the things he is completely responsible for when determining his importance to the team.

First of all, he's a smart basketball player who knows when to pass and when not to pass.

Now, he's not the best PG in the league, and his half court offense generaling is lacking. However, nobody on the team knows really what to do in a half court set, and that's not how the team was built. If we wanted to bulid a half court team, we wuoldn't be utilizing the altitude factor at all, which is not what management wants.

couldn't have said it a lot better

·
Volleyball Coach
24,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
darth-horax said:
Yes, there are problems with some of the players rotating on offense to keep the floor spaced; however, some of that is where Dre decides to go with the ball. I don't believe he makes the best decision the majority of the time in the half court set.

I'm not saying it is easy to improve upon him, but I disagree that he always passes at the proper time. I've seen too many open cutter missed.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
ok well here is what ive been chewing on.

Send (sign and trade)Nene and a future 2nd for Stephen Jackson and (sign and trade)Freddie Jones Indiana's first round pick

<!--StartFragment --> <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_bl>Denver Trade Breakdown</TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_bl_np width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Outgoing</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>
</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Andre Miller
6-2 PG from Utah
14.1 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 8.4 apg in 36.4 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>
</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Kenyon Martin
6-9 PF from Cincinnati
13.0 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.4 apg in 27.9 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Incoming</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>
</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
9.0 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 2.0 apg in 27.6 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>
</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Mike Bibby
6-1 PG from Arizona
21.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 5.4 apg in 38.9 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>
</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Francisco Garcia
6-7 SF from Louisville
5.9 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 20.0 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_gr colSpan=2>Change in team outlook: +8.8 ppg, +2.5 rpg, and -0.9 apg.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_bl>Sacramento Trade Breakdown</TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_bl_np width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Outgoing</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>
</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
9.0 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 2.0 apg in 27.6 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>
</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Mike Bibby
6-1 PG from Arizona
21.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 5.4 apg in 38.9 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>
</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Francisco Garcia
6-7 SF from Louisville
5.9 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 20.0 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Incoming</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>
</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Andre Miller
6-2 PG from Utah
14.1 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 8.4 apg in 36.4 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>
</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Kenyon Martin
6-9 PF from Cincinnati
13.0 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.4 apg in 27.9 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_gr colSpan=2>Change in team outlook: -8.8 ppg, -2.5 rpg, and +0.9 apg.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="80%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_s>Successful Scenario</TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_s>Due to Denver and Sacramento being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Denver and Sacramento had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Then use the MLE to ensure we have a quality backup to Reggie Evans and Marcus Camby. Or use the draft pick to take Boone, Armstrong,Simmons, O'Bryant etc

Projected Lineup

Camby C
Evans PF
Anthony SF
Stephen Jackson
Mike Bibby

Rotation: Earl Boykins, Fred Jones, Eddie Najera, Patterson, Elson? maybe, Rookie F/C,kenny thomas, garcia

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
NO WAY IN HELL sac does that, lol!!!

but ya, bibby would be nice :D

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
pac4eva5 said:
NO WAY IN HELL sac does that, lol!!!

but ya, bibby would be nice :D
brad miller
kenyon martin
ron artest
bonzi wells
andre miller

kevin martin, SAR

actually that doesnt look to bad. Mid-season there were kings fans interested in that trade. And of course some that were against it.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
nbanoitall said:
brad miller
kenyon martin
ron artest
bonzi wells
andre miller

kevin martin, SAR

actually that doesnt look to bad. Mid-season there were kings fans interested in that trade. And of course some that were against it.
well that was before artest was on the team. they would lose SERIOUS shooting w/o bibby.

garcia is a furure all-star. he can play...

bibby is a top 5 PG in the nba and a fan favorite, not to mention their best 3point threat. with that trade, the kings best shooter is...brad miller?

trust me. no way that happens.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
pac4eva5 said:
garcia is a furure all-star. he can play...

i liked drafting him over hodge, but im not sure id go that far. if you said that about Chris Paul or even Charlie V. Id say ok, but saying that about Garcia.... popular opinion would be against you.

It really all depends on Kenyon's Value. If Bibby chokes in the playoffs, goes cold like he does last year, he could be on the block. I was just proposing something that could actually go down. As opposed to say a deal for Steve Nash or JKidd

·
Rip City
21,401 Posts
Bibby is terrible on defense. I would never trade for him. Also people here really underrate Andre Miller. I just saw him up close, and in person when the Nuggets came to Portland. When the Nuggets had anyone other then Andre Miller running the offense the team struggled.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
The team would be in better hands if they could bring in a shooter.

Don't get rid of Miller! Just add a shooter to create space. Much like Peja did for Sac-Town.

Mike James would be a horrible starter anywhere but Toronto and even his teammates were getting sick of his constant shooting...ie Charlie Villanueva (they supposidly got in fisticuffs in the locker room recently.)

Mike James would be a nice bench player however instead of Earl Boykins. His shooting could come in handy and he could play along side Dre-day.

Dre's passing is getting a lot better now that he's getting used to some consistant teammates. His shooting from deep would not be such a glaring problem if the team added James or Stephen Jackson.

And reports from Indiana are that they are considering blowing up the team. So a sign and trade of Nene would make sense.

I say Keep Andre and add a shooter in the offseason.

·
Rip City
21,401 Posts
Timmons said:
The team would be in better hands if they could bring in a shooter.

Don't get rid of Miller! Just add a shooter to create space. Much like Peja did for Sac-Town.

Mike James would be a horrible starter anywhere but Toronto and even his teammates were getting sick of his constant shooting...ie Charlie Villanueva (they supposidly got in fisticuffs in the locker room recently.)

Mike James would be a nice bench player however instead of Earl Boykins. His shooting could come in handy and he could play along side Dre-day.

Dre's passing is getting a lot better now that he's getting used to some consistant teammates. His shooting from deep would not be such a glaring problem if the team added James or Stephen Jackson.

And reports from Indiana are that they are considering blowing up the team. So a sign and trade of Nene would make sense.

I say Keep Andre and add a shooter in the offseason.
Great post, I also agree with you regarding the Nuggets lack of a real SG threat. When DJ is on from outside or Buckner you don't have any spacing issues. However when the Nuggets go cold from the field spacing becomes a problem because teams just pack it in the lanes. This is not an Andre Miller issue, it's a team problem.

I've always liked Andre, but after seeing him run the offense up close and personal. (had great seats by the floor) I can tell you that when Eisely was running the offense the Nuggets struggled against the Blazers. As soon as Andre came in the game he had his way with Telfair, and Blake. The offense ran so much better with Andre. Also I saw Miller pass the ball constantly to Melo. So I think any issues that Melo and Miller may have had, are now in the rearview mirror.

Nuggets are going to make some noise in the playoffs! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
nbanoitall said:
i liked drafting him over hodge, but im not sure id go that far. if you said that about Chris Paul or even Charlie V. Id say ok, but saying that about Garcia.... popular opinion would be against you.

It really all depends on Kenyon's Value. If Bibby chokes in the playoffs, goes cold like he does last year, he could be on the block. I was just proposing something that could actually go down. As opposed to say a deal for Steve Nash or JKidd
a lot of people havent seen him play. if he was a starter and didnt get hurt this year, he could very well have been as good as paul.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
i also agree with andre staying. he is underrated IMO. we need a SG that can shoot. period.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.