Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per Kline twitter:

Bucknell is the latest to offer 2014 Team Takeover (DC) forward Cam Gregory, per his coach. The Bison join Boston U & Holy Cross.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Somewhat on the 2014 trail, AU just picked up two transfers: SG Austin Carroll from Rutgers, and PG Darius "PeeWee" Gardner from Stephen F. Austin. It's possible Carroll will be able to play immediately due to a medical redshirt, but I've seen that reported both ways. What is likely is that neither transfer will be able to play until 2013-14, which is why I thought it worth mentioning on this thread. Both will be big assets to the AU team - Carroll should be solid at the PL level if his string of injuries doesn't continue, and Gardner fills a glaring hole at PG that AU will have when current senior PG Danny Munoz graduates this year (his backup, sophomore Wayne Simon, never saw much court time and is transferring).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just a fun fact: Munoz was committed to BU before Coach Wolff got fired. He then decommitted and went to AU. Can't believe how quickly time goes by. The kid is a senior already, wow.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
That'll be interesting to follow. Villanova and BU are good schools; SMU and Tulsa not so much.
You know I thought the same thing, but upon looking them up it isn't true. SMU was ranked 62nd in USN&W while Tulsa was 75th in the national universities category. Not too far behind BU. We just don't hear about them much in the northeast.

But still, it'll be interesting. My guess is he goes to SMU unfortunately. But it would be nice if BU could land him.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think the big draw for SMU would be that he still gets to play in the Big East. Since SMU is technically not yet a member of the Big East but will be by the time he is eligible to play again, he gets around the loophole of sitting out an additional year if you transfer within your conference.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I think the big draw for SMU would be that he still gets to play in the Big East. Since SMU is technically not yet a member of the Big East but will be by the time he is eligible to play again, he gets around the loophole of sitting out an additional year if you transfer within your conference.
I think being a Philly kid, Larry Brown being the head coach is a bit of a factor too. Still he has a few friends on the BU team so we still have a shot.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
A couple of things. I'm a bit surprised Nova didn't prohibit Kennedy from transferring to SMU considering they will be conference foes when he's eligible.

Second, Josiah Turner is going pro (what?!?) instead of playing for SMU. Maybe that destination is not as attractive now.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A couple of things. I'm a bit surprised Nova didn't prohibit Kennedy from transferring to SMU considering they will be conference foes when he's eligible.

Second, Josiah Turner is going pro (what?!?) instead of playing for SMU. Maybe that destination is not as attractive now.

Larry just landed a 7-footer today... maybe that impacts the decision too

·
Registered
54 Posts
Class of 2013 shooting guard Jalen Rhea out of New Albany High School (OH) committed to AU yesterday. He had offers from Eastern Kentucky, Gardner-Webb, James Madison and Northern Kentucky with interest from Appalachian State, Kennesaw State, Siena and Yale.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
BU lands NJ combo guard Cheddi Mosely. Supposedly he had offers from Dartmouth, Brown, and Holy Cross, in addition to other mid-majors.

I haven't seen much video but apparently he's a good shooter who can also handle the ball. He plays for Hall of Famer Bob Hurley at St. Anthony's so he's been coached well and plays against top competition.

Welcome to BU!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I know this is kind of bad but I'm always amazed at the amount of kids that chose not to go to Brown or Dartmouth and go to some mid-major school instead.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
A few days late mentioning, but Bucknell secured a commitment from PF/C Nana Foulland. Supposedly GW, Delaware, and Q-Pac were the other finalists. BU also offered.

Foulland is the type of player I hope BU can land - big body, good rebounder, and good around the rim. Nice get by the other BU.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
It might seem crazy but BU is already recruiting for Maurice Watson's successor.

Over past few weeks a couple Georgia PGs have made official visits to campus, Keith Pinckney and Avery Patterson. Both have high major offers/interest and both have/will be taking officials to BU, Western Kentucky, and Tulane.

I wonder if BU has an edge for Pinckney because:

a. He attended Chris Paul camp with Watson this year.
b. He played with the Albany City Rocks AAU team which used to be coached by Assistant Coach Carmen Maciariello.

Wait and see.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
If we are to have a proper replacement don't we need another espn top 100 recruit ;).

·
Registered
225 Posts
It might seem crazy but BU is already recruiting for Maurice Watson's successor.

Over past few weeks a couple Georgia PGs have made official visits to campus, Keith Pinckney and Avery Patterson. Both have high major offers/interest and both have/will be taking officials to BU, Western Kentucky, and Tulane.

I wonder if BU has an edge for Pinckney because:

a. He attended Chris Paul camp with Watson this year.
b. He played with the Albany City Rocks AAU team which used to be coached by Assistant Coach Carmen Maciariello.

Wait and see.

Fingers crossed. Always good to get the kids that are also recruited by high majors...............

1 - 20 of 104 Posts