Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading in ESPN (this time was in the dime weeken edition) that itmay be an interest between Sprewell and Rockets. Obviously motivated in the love JVG has for him. But is it a strong rumor or just something the writer wants to discuss? Toughts on having spree on this crisis moments??

I`d like to see him here. I loved his attitude and heart in the Knicks run to the finals.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Strickly speaking on talent and skills alone, HELL YES, he isnt washed up at all. He just acted like a trick last year. But as far as attitude the guy is a cancer, but "begger can't be chosers", we need his butt like a homeless dude needs crackers! Let's start the new "WE need Spree" chant, we need spree, we need spree, we need spree... :clap:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Right now we're not in a position to disregard players who can help this team from a talent standpoint...I definitely think we should explore the option...as far as his character, I'll believe he'll shape up under JVG...he didnt have a bad incident when he was playing under JVG as his coach...

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
i really dont see why our backcourt needs more old guys. he is a good defender but is still gonna lack the lateral quickness we would need to improve our backcourt. all he adds is the possibility of drama.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Raise the red flag after this loss, WE NEED SPREE WE NEED SPREE! Yao puts his heart soul and guts out on the floor and these stooges can't stop a layup? We don't know how long Tracy will be laid up, its gonna be in out even when he does come back. We need another playmaker! ASAP, Les needs to just bite the bullet and pay the luxury tax or whatever it is and bring this jackhole in here for the 5 million he's asking. Otherwise we will never get outta this freefall, the season will be over before you say "no Houston Allstars represented" in 06. The guy can't hurt us, we're 3-11, what harm can it do? He brings intensity most of the time, you need another penatrator/slasher free throw getter. Pay the dang tax Les, or you lose your fans for the whole season just like Minnesota. :curse:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Spree is too old...

Plus, he begged for 14 million last season!
Too expensive. If he wants to join us, he'll have to accept the minimum contract.

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
No. Spree is about to be "over", and why should the team let him play if he didnt practice in the camp and let alone practice with team yet this season. Let him go. They already got many guards, and 14 million worth is not worth.

He's a cancer and he's probably still searching for something to feed his children.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts