Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, let's all be honest now...are or are not the Raptors in your eyes the worst team in the league thus far? I'm not just talking about record-wise, but everything included: talent, coaching, depth etc. Imo, we're the 2nd worst behind Atlanta. They don't have a true PG and Marvin Williams may take a while to adjust to the NBA game. Their D is pretty bad too.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
if we can't rely on our vets to carry the team over the hump and have to count on our rookies to win games, then yes we are the worst team in the L.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Can't wait for the 06 offseason...hopefully we'll grab some finishing pieces(via Draft)... and by the 07 offseason comes along we'll be a playoff contender...

·
Registered
419 Posts
kirk_2003 said:
Can't wait for the 06 offseason...hopefully we'll grab some finishing pieces(via Draft)... and by the 07 offseason comes along we'll be a playoff contender...
lol @ you avoiding the question

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ why?

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
DavidBlunkett said:
no the hornets are the worst
Actually they are doing pretty well this year, considering everyone expected them to be the worse. Chris Paul's the leading candidate for ROY, PJ Brown's having one of his best years, Speedy Claxton's one of the top 6th mans in the league, JR Smith's continuing to get better, AND they have Desmond Mason putting on a show every game. Sad to say but the Hornets are currently 1/2 game ahead of my Rockets :cry:

Look on the bright side, Raps are only 1 game behind the Knicks right now, and I honestly think you guys could possibly finish ahead of of them this year. The Knicks are a mess.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
DavidBlunkett said:
no the hornets are the worst
I don't think the Hornets are worest because they are playing together very well.

I don't know if the Raptors will be the worest this year but the first few games weren't the showing I expected.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
The Hornets are worse. PJ Brown is close to retirement and they have nothing to replace him with. Two decent young guards is all they really have. Mason likely won't re-sign with them. And any cap space they have will not attract top talent. Their owner has a horrible rep in the league and the team could be moving again. Not a stable franchise.

The Hawks are worse. All their young talent is on the wings. Nothing at PG or C. Paid waaaaay too much for JoeJohnson. Not a club that anyone wants to sign with. No fan support.

Portland is worse. Any team that is relying on Darius Miles for leadership and scoring is worse. All their talent has emotional/maturity issues - Zack, Telfair, Miles. If they lose Pryz as a FA they will get even worse. They could go either way depending on their young players. I don't see a good veteran wanting to come in and work with those young players - too much attitude.

But yes, Toronto is very bad. Worst defensive team in the league, or close to it. But we do have some balance. Talent at PG in Calderon and Ukic. Talent on the wings with Joey, Charlie, and MoP. Talent on the front line with Bosh, Slokar, Bonner and Hoff (maybe). Not a big attraction to FA's but if the team improves over the next two seasons with our core the right FA could see himself as the missing piece to a playoff contender. Especially a defensive C with a low post game. All our guys are good teammates and not problem children. More attractive to a vet coming in. We just need some stability at GM and Coach to attract a good FA.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I could of told you this I made a thread a few months ago saying the raps were going to end up with the #1 draft pick but everyone caught feelings and started hating

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
i dont know who Atlanta has played but we have played some pretty good teams Washignton, Cleveland, Detroit

·
Registered
274 Posts
execution wise and b-ball knowledge - i would consider near the bottom due to the fact that we're a young team...

talent wise - i would say we're the middle of the pack, sure we're lacking a big man or our big man of the future hasn't developed yet, but the team does have some promising talent in three maybe four of the five positions...

·
Registered
102 Posts
the numbers don't lie 0-6

toronto and altanta are the worst teams in the league right now...

i think atlanta has more talent than us

therefore rest of league > raptors :cry:

·
Registered
504 Posts
This is really hard for all raptor fans. We are 0-6 ... the only team left with a winless season along with the hawks. Although we played some tough teams, we've played 5 of those 6 lost games at home. Atlanta only played 3 at home and 3 away. Although they haven't faced tough teams like Detroit, Cleveland and Washington, the've faced a much improved Golden State and LA Clippers squad, along with the steady Grizzlies and the Lakers with Phil Jackson. They had heartbreaking losses against Portland and against Memphis ...

So I hate to say it, but it seems like we are equally bad. Talent-wise, I prefer the raptors still. We have some young promise at the point with Calderon. We have promise in leadership and character from Bosh. Villanueva and Graham appear to be solid role players.

Hawks have Marvin Williams and Josh Smith ... promising forwards. No point and no center... pretty much what we had last year.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think the big question is will Toronto be able to hold on to Bosh when he is able to become a free agent, or will he be so tired of losing that he will look to move to another team, but one thing I can say is a lot of people didn't like the pick of Villanueva but he is going to be a good player, and that was a great trade James for Alston, Alston is not as great a player as he thinks he is.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
too early to tell whether or not we are the worst team in the L, but as mentioned b4, we're pretty close to it and we're not gonna get any better if we dont start playing as a team

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
we dont have a good C or a defensive SG.
which is why we suck so bad.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts