Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your opinions??

East:

I am very very very happy Jermaine got the job again this season. He has worked his tail off, and has really had some huge games for Indiana. I would like to see Artest named as a reserve too.

However, I am very upset that Paul is not a starter over Vince, but it goes by votes and votes in the fan community is by favorites. I just wish stats would make people vote for their all-star picks.

I am sure that Kidd will get the reserve spot, but i think the east should be

1-Kidd
2-Iverson
3-Mcgrady
4-Pierce
5-Jermaine

Yeah, alittle wierd lineup, but i think that that lineup would be the most fun to watch and compete.

West:

I think overall YAO deserves to be a starter yet again. He has played exceptionally well the last couple weeks. But I think Shaq also has played well.. Toss up..

Kobe? Does he deserve the job?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I dont think Vince Carter and Steve Francis deserve a spot in the starters.
Francis has been struggling big time and Carter has been hurt and not doing anything significant.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah

Originally posted by <b>grizzfan</b>!
I dont think Vince Carter and Steve Francis deserve a spot in the starters.
Francis has been struggling big time and Carter has been hurt and not doing anything significant.
I agree grizzfan.

I think Sam Cassell deserves to be there once in his career(correct?) I cannot remember him ever being on the squad, but I could be wrong.

It is pretty amazing if you ask me to see a Veteran in this league at that position still deserve and carry his team. The man has been playing amazing basketball. It is like he is still in his younger days in houston. Does this guy age?

Cassell can ball. straight up. Needs to be a reserve for sure.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I dont think Sam has been in the ASG either. Regardless, this is his best season IMO and he is the most deserving out west to start.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Carter and Kobe starting don't bother me, I think those are certainly legitimate choices... I can't understand why Steve Francis is starting. If the All-Star game were based on merit at all, Sam Cassell or somebody else would start over Francis... Francis is a pretty good guard but really, there are better guards in the West.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Should be:
PG - Cassell
SG - Kobe
SF - KG
PF - Duncan
C - Shaq/Yao

I was thinking Kobe doesnt deserve to start, but who would start in his place?

PG - Iverson
SG - Tmac
SF - Pierce
PF - JO
C - Wallace

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Ideally the best lineup would be:

West:

PG- Cassell
SG- Kobe
SF- Garnett
PF- Duncan
C - Shaq

East:

PG- Kidd
SG- Iverson
SF- McGrady
PF- O'Neil
C - Wallace

Carter doesn't deserve to start, but neither does Pierce, go look at those stats you mentioned again, Pierce isn't doing that much better than Vince- and Vince's team has won more games.

Francis doesn't even deserve to be in the game. I think he gets a LOT of votes for being Yao's teammate if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Everyone must agree with this
SAM CASSELL SHOULD BE THE STARTER OVER FRANCIS!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Air McNair 09</b>!
Reality is, Cassel will never be voted in because most female voters won't vote for him , they think he's too guly.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shoprite</b>!

Reality is, Cassel will never be voted in because most female voters won't vote for him , they think he's too guly.
True but Francis isn't exactly Shemar Moore.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Completely agree.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
pierce over carter and cassell over francis is the way it should be

·
Registered
124 Posts
:yes:
I think the lineups should be:

West

PG: Cassell
SG: Kobe
SF: KG
PF: Duncan
C: Shaq

East

PG: Kidd/Lebron
SG: Iverson
SF: T Mac
PF: JO
C: Wallace

Unfortunately Tmac and Pierce couldn't have been voted in at SF by fans because they were on the ballot as guards.
It sucks how Cassell missed out to Francis but the fans made a decision(a bad one)and unfortunately we have to accept it:( .

·
Registered
595 Posts
A couple of weeks ago when the rockets were playing the wolves, one of the announcers said that francis said that he would give up his spot for sam cassel if he didnt make it. (they went to the same Jr. college, n have a clothing line toghether so they are great friends and respect eachother alot). We'll c waht happens.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Carter has missed 3 games all season. Hardly hurt. He's just been playing like crap most of the time, that's all.

But I'm glad he lead all players in voting again. Hopefully the ASG will revitalize him and he'll step it up in the 2nd half. I'm just praying that it'll be a boost for him.

And you just know you're gonna see some sweet dunks with him in the game. It's an all star game folks, it's MADE for players like Vince. He hasn't even been the best Raptor all season, but you don't see Donyell Marshall going to the ASG, and for a reason.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shoprite</b>!

Yeah man... damn those guly people! They piss me off....

jkz but that's a good way to look at it... no pun intended. :D

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>-blindspott-</b>!
:yes:
I think the lineups should be:

West

PG: Cassell
SG: Kobe
SF: KG
PF: Duncan
C: Shaq

East

PG: Kidd/Lebron
SG: Iverson
SF: T Mac
PF: JO
C: Wallace

Unfortunately Tmac and Pierce couldn't have been voted in at SF by fans because they were on the ballot as guards.
It sucks how Cassell missed out to Francis but the fans made a decision(a bad one)and unfortunately we have to accept it:( .
Take out the Slash LeBron, and I completely agree with those starting lineups if they were possible(T-Mac being a forward). I think those are the most deserving starters.

Anyone know when the reserves are announced(should be interesting)?

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Yao's starting, and that makes me happy! :D

Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!
Francis doesn't even deserve to be in the game. I think he gets a LOT of votes for being Yao's teammate if you know what I mean.
Totally agree with you there. I seriously don't see how else he can be more popular than good ol' Canadian Steve Nash, future HoF Payton, Ray "He Got Game" Allen, and Argentinian sensation Manu Ginobilli.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by <b>AstheFranchiz2K2</b>!
A couple of weeks ago when the rockets were playing the wolves, one of the announcers said that francis said that he would give up his spot for sam cassel if he didnt make it. (they went to the same Jr. college, n have a clothing line toghether so they are great friends and respect eachother alot). We'll c waht happens.
yeah.

They both support WE R ONE gear with Mobley.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts