Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Towards the end of the season, Collin Sexton was basically averaging 25/5/5 on good efficiency, and I’m still not sure he’s actually a winning player yet.
So when I see people hailing Luka/Trae as generational talents for scoring a few more points and assists... I’m confused. Is it just me,omegle discord xender or are their regular season stats being overrated? LeBron’s 27/7/7 is not what it used to be, and I feel there has to be more to greatness than this. Heck, Trae was on one of the worst teams in the league, and Luka is surrounded by a deep roster with great coaching. It just seems premature.
Not saying their ceilings aren’t very high, but the amount of hype before winning a single playoff series seems unjustified.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Stats are inflated, but a bucket is a bucket at the end of the day

To get a bucket in today's league is still very hard, especially since athletes are longer, taller, and more athletic than before. You have to consider technology, treatment, nutrition, training, and recovery is better than in the past. So athletes are recovering and getting prepared better

I did read that a guy playing at home was more likely to get an assist. For example, if Young was in Atlanta, and he would throw a pass to Collins on the wing. Collins would pump fake and dunk it. In Atlanta, they would count that as an assist, because of home-court advantage. If Young did that anywhere else, they wouldn't count it as an assist

I think assists are inflated but the other stats are not

These young guys are putting up big numbers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts