Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<b>The News</b>
Guards Jerry Stackhouse (knee) and Gilbert Arenas (abdomen) both practiced on Thursday, the Washington Post reported. It was the first time that the teammates have practiced together since the preseason. Stackhouse has not played this season after undergoing surgery on October 22 to repair the worn cartilage behind his right kneecap. Arenas has a strained abdominal muscle which he most recently aggravated on January 10. Neither player is expected back until after the February13-15 All-Star break. "Everybody will see after the All-Star break what the Wizards are about," Arenas said. "People are judging us now, calling us weak. After All-Star, we'll see what type of team we really have."

<b>Our View</b>
Team officials believe that one of the two players could be back before the break, but fantasy owners should not count on them before that time. Larry Hughes is currently doing his best to fill the scoring gap, and fantasy owners will need to be aware that Hughes' production will drop off once Stackhouse and Arenas return.
http://www.fanball.com/ph/index.cfm

It's good to hear that both were able to practice, though it doesn't say what they did during that practice. I'm assuming it was pretty light. I hope they don't try to come back before the all-star break -- no need to rush them, especially when the break will give an additional 5-6 days of recovery for them.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I saw a video on the news last night of the practice, Stackhouse looks like hes been playing for years, his knee looks ok.
Arenas said he would play tonight but EJ or the Medics probably wouldn't let him.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah in my post, I meant to say that I hope they don't rush back before the break, not just that I hope they don't play before the break. If they're aokay and ready to go, then I suppose they should be allowed to play. However, any sort of rush job on their part (especially with Arenas) would be a stupid move at this point.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>shonin</b>!
arenas and stack should wait til next year. we need 1st round draft pick.
You mean a high pick? We're going to have a pick either way. I don't think their return is going to get us that many more wins this year to make a big difference in where we pick. We might win another 5-6 games over the rest of the season if they play in every game versus if they don't.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
actually, the way hughes and kwame are playing now, with the addition of arenas and stackhouse will make the wizards a formidable contender. they will win over 50% of the games in the 2nd half of the season with their starting line-up healthy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.