Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
555 Posts
no... thank zeke for suckin LB's :makeout:

· Registered
927 Posts
Gotham2krazy said:
Well, I still have my faith in this kid. He's going to be a star and I know it.
I don't know about star, but he is going to be a damn good player. A 12-16 point per game scorer and an excellent defensive player. Exactly what we could use.

I wish we would have a shot at getting a player like that, I don't think even Isiah is dumb enough to pass on a player like that!

Oh wait...

· Best non-Yankee 4 17 Yrs!
2,469 Posts
BrettNYK said:
I don't know about star, but he is going to be a damn good player. A 12-16 point per game scorer and an excellent defensive player. Exactly what we could use.

I wish we would have a shot at getting a player like that, I don't think even Isiah is dumb enough to pass on a player like that!

Oh wait...
Yes, but he's turnover prone. If there's one thing the past three games have shown us, we can't afford to have guys in the locker room who aren't willing to work on their ballhandling skills. Trevor reportedly wasn't willing to, so he got dealt.

· Registered
981 Posts
You guys are quick..

To jump on and off the bandwagon. Ariza has done nothing to indicate he has inmproved this year. He had some similiar games last year but as soon as people realized they had to pay attention to him, he disappeared. He is just starting to get time on another lousy team....big deal. The Magic are so impressed they aren't even sure they will offer him a contract. Sure doesn't sound like a star. A SF with a not-so-great handle, bad jumpshot, and is TO prone. We already have a guy who is bigger, ambidextrous, better shooter, and a better rebounder, who has already shown he can improve even during the season. Yeah...we sure need Ariza.....Talk to me WHEN he is a star, so far he has never even had ONE star quality game.

· Sexy Moderator
13,492 Posts
Re: You guys are quick..

alphadog said:
To jump on and off the bandwagon. Ariza has done nothing to indicate he has inmproved this year. He had some similiar games last year but as soon as people realized they had to pay attention to him, he disappeared. He is just starting to get time on another lousy team....big deal. The Magic are so impressed they aren't even sure they will offer him a contract. Sure doesn't sound like a star. A SF with a not-so-great handle, bad jumpshot, and is TO prone. We already have a guy who is bigger, ambidextrous, better shooter, and a better rebounder, who has already shown he can improve even during the season. Yeah...we sure need Ariza.....Talk to me WHEN he is a star, so far he has never even had ONE star quality game.
I agree...talk to me when he does that on a consistent basis and becomes an all-star. He dosen't derseve a thread for that performance. Jeez I thought he dropped 40 points and 15 rebounds or something. Big freakin deal.

· I'm too sexy for ya.
2,089 Posts
Re: You guys are quick..

Kitty said:
I agree...talk to me when he does that on a consistent basis and becomes an all-star. He dosen't derseve a thread for that performance. Jeez I thought he dropped 40 points and 15 rebounds or something. Big freakin deal.
he got to the line 7 times. XD and 11 points. that was probably a career high for him, but he shot poorly from the field, but like all other shooters he got to the line when his shots wouldn't go

· I'm too sexy for ya.
2,089 Posts
Re: Like I said...

alphadog said:
We have a guy similiar only better on the team already. Lee also gets to the line and will hit more as time goes by. We just don't need him, he's redundant.
But to me, Lee will always be a PF, know what I mean? I just can't forsee him as our SF, unless he starts shooting jumpers like Dirk

· Registered
981 Posts
Are you serious?

Lee is already a better shooter than Ariza...but a lot. Did you watch him earlier when he was getting big time? The guy was on a roll shooting upwards of 70% for several games. Ariza couldn't shoot 70% if he locked himself in a gym alone. Lee has plenty of qualities needed to play SF. Do people forget he won the dunk contest over James White in college? The guy is tremendously athletic. His lack oif a perimeter game stems from the fact he had to play low post for 4 years at Florida. Think of a bigger, better version of Kenny Walker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.