Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We really need to re-sign him after this season. It's so nice having a young and suprememly athletic and physically gifted player. I do not want to lose him, we need to build around players like this. Every year we can add a player like Ariza or players even better than Ariza in the draft. There is alot of talent out there and we need to start using these draft picks instead of tradign them away all the time. All I kept thinking about in the 4th quarter of tonights game is how much I enjoy having a young and explosive kid like Ariza on the Knicks. The last 2-3 years we havent had any type of player like this.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
check realgm...they say that the knicks have him under contract for two years, but hoopshype says it is one...I wonder who is correct?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Air RiZa is definetly signed for 2 years and i am sure Isiah has already talked to him that he is not looking to lose him in any trade or free agency

and most of all i think Air RiZa is sold on being a Knick :clap:

·
A deserving All-Star
2,319 Posts
I am sure zeke can convince him! Plus who would want ariza to START?

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
Trevor Ariza won't be offered a better role then what the Knicks can give him now. Sure, your record might not show it, but Ariza is filled with a group of 'talented' players that are somewhat in his position/size. The kid is still learning how to play the game of basketball, which is why I rate him to have the potential to be a very good player in this league. As of right now, he's more of a project then anything else, but I agree that this is one of the Knicks only draftees that seem to be really positive and can have a huge upside.

Long arms, freak athleticism, yep, he definately fits the mold of players this generation seem to be having. Ariza caught my attention from the first time that I saw him play.

BTW, the other night.. he did a decent job of guarding Wade on that last play, but too bad he fell for that shake. It was a good call to have him stick 'Flash' though, his arms will get in anyone's face.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
It wouldn't be inconcievable to see Ariza bolt and replace Spree in Minnesota. Ariza is pretty much his opposite in every way at this point.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
thelegend you made a good point about him gaurding wade. Wade's move was just too nice, no one really would of had a chance at stoping wade on that move he showed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts