Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which team advances to the E8?

This is an incredibly even matchup, with most statistical areas being a wash. guessing is as good as a coin flip if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
I honestly dont care.. I'm more worried about my team vs Wisconsin-Milwaukee but if we get past UWM I'd like to face whoever.. Doesnt really matter honestly!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
I honestly dont care.. I'm more worried about my team vs Wisconsin-Milwaukee but if we get past UWM I'd like to face whoever.. Doesnt really matter honestly!
Then why are posting that?

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
This is the second best game of the sweet 16 in terms of having two real high quality opponents:

I think Washington-Louisville is the premier matchup of the sweet 16, but this would come in as second.

I am going to go with Oklahoma St - no real reason. Just a gut feeling.

OMFG!!!! I have been biased against the BIG TEN. I'll correct myself - This is only the fifth best game of the swee 16:
The WISCONIN, MICHIGAN ST, AND ILLINOIS will be off the scale amazing games. Those teams are the freaking best and deserved be mentioned in every highlight nationally and in the world.

·
Registered
719 Posts
2nd best game on paper, i will go with Oklahoma St too. I think Graham going to get out of his funk amd have a big game.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Where the **** did that Big Ten stuff come from (Nevermind, I know where it came from but damn) Junior? :rofl: that was funny!

Hogs, You asked why I posted that and I said I honestly dont care.. Which I dont.. With that said I think Arizona wins this game..

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
Where the **** did that Big Ten stuff come from (Nevermind, I know where it came from but damn) Junior? :rofl: that was funny!

Hogs, You asked why I posted that and I said I honestly dont care.. Which I dont.. With that said I think Arizona wins this game..
I meant if you don't care about the game, then why post about it?

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Because I do care about it as I'll know the next potential opponent but at the same time I'm not concerned about this game.. That doesnt mean I wont watch.. That doesnt mean this wont be a great game to me.. I myself think it's the 2nd best game this S16 so far.. Should be a fun one!

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
JuniorNoboa said:
OMFG!!!! I have been biased against the BIG TEN. I'll correct myself - This is only the fifth best game of the swee 16:
The WISCONIN, MICHIGAN ST, AND ILLINOIS will be off the scale amazing games. Those teams are the freaking best and deserved be mentioned in every highlight nationally and in the world.
Exactly.... :clap:
About this game, I think that Ok. State will be about to neutralize Salim Stoudamire and Channing Frye, the main players for Arizona, and will have enough players contributing around John Lucas and Joey Graham to gut out this victory, with JamesOn Curry, and Ivan McFarlin having solid games....Curry making more of an impact every game, and I think he will be the X-factor in this one.

OK State-78
Arizona-70

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
common opponents is not a solid argument I can think of at least 5 "team X beat team Y but team Z lost to team Y so team X is better" cases. Besides, Dick Bennet's slow down offense gives these wildcats fits for some reason. whatever, thats irrelevant.

that said, i cant disagree with anyone here. I just hope UA plays like the underdog.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Stoudamire = clutch!

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Not Guarding The Inbounder!!! Ok, smart play. Clank. Oh well good season from OK State. They were really good, but without Tony Allen they just weren't as good as last year.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Hollis said:
OSU. Washington State beat Zona once and should've beaten them twice...I'm pretty sure OSU beat them by about 40. :)

Wow, what a 40 pt victory for Okie St....Arizona wins...Ya know just because we lost to WSU does not mean we cant beat or hang with other good/great teams. A lot of teams give match up probs than others or good teams just don't play well every game. You can't base how a teams gonna do because of another game. It's different.

But I'm sure everyones gonna pick Illinois..

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dang that Stoudamire!!! I'm giving him credit for the great player that he is. But why did he have to have the winning shot. My whole bracket is demolished! Ugh! At any rate, was a great game to watch, if only OSU could've had the shot fall in for them. I'm rooting for Arizona to beat Illinois.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
man this sucks. I had ok state in the final four and stoudamire beat them. However, I will be rooting for Zona to get to the final four so that other people's brackets get messed up

1 - 20 of 21 Posts