Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arizona is the most apethetic team I have ever seen. It is like they don't care about defense at all and just wait to get out and run on transition to get on Sports Center's Top 10. These last two games have been disgraceful for a program like Arizona, and I think they're going to have some problems in the NCAA Tournament this March. Yeah that's right March, because there's no way this horrible team is still playing in April.

·
Registered
323 Posts
hahaha!

thanks for the laugh man, i needed it after that miracle shot.

The SU game was hardly disgraceful. I am extrememly proud of my team after the way they battled back TWICE against the best team in the nation on their home court. UA didnt play bad except for about a 5-10 min period at cal. Cal just played out of their heads and won.

Now as for March, just tell me you arent scared of Arizona as a 6 seed (very possible). If you know much at all about UA basketball, which i dont think you do, you would know how our game chnges when we are big underdogs.

Yeah that's right March, because there's no way this horrible team is still playing in April.
:rolleyes: if you ever feel like discussing arizona basketball, go to goazcats.com.

By the way, I would reserve judgement of this team's tourney chances until they are seeded. Any speculation is merely that.

This is a young team. Like I said in a thread before, they will be characterized by ups and downs. The SU game is a microcosom of this, First they're down by 15, then up by 5. You are bashing us during the lows, but ready to place your foot firmly in your mouth when we hit the highs again. (reference: Texas, Cal, Ore, @ASU)

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Arizona just simply can't fade down the stretch like that against a rival, #2 ranked team in the country. People may believe in "good" losses, but I certainly don't, and Arizona's great effort was cancelled out by their choke job at the end.

Basically, what that means is that this loss will do more harm than good for them.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
The regular season means nothing other then seeding and winning a conference title. In 1997 UA won its only national title and they finished 5th in the Pac-10.

Oh by the way, in '97 they got swept on the road by Cal and Stanford... The last time that has happened. :grinning:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.