Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of him? Will be a senior next year. Plays for Cincinnati. I kind of know him, but moreso his brother. Think he has any chance of making it to the NBA? He's not even a starter there, but he's a versatile 6'8 swingman. I doubt he will unless he has a huge senior year.. but if anyone knows his game, share.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Yeah i have heard of him but no i dont think he will make it to the league. The only real successful guys that have come off the bench and entered the draft is zach randolph and soon to be marvin williams but he will be a starter next year. I may be wrong but i dont know. That is just my thought. Cincy hasnt been so great with nba players though. Martin yeah then u got demarr johnson and steve logan... Maybe im forgetting something and/or someone. Thing is he wont make it.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Kirk has serious mental issues to get over. He isn't a great team player. Kirk has the most talent of anybody on the Bearcat roster, but he doesn't apply himself. He has spent 3 seasons going in and out of Huggins dog house because of effort. If he puts it together mentally, he could have a monster senior season.

Sheefo, you are missing a few from your list. Tony Bobbit was on the Lakers roster this season. Ruben Patterson, Nick Van Exel, Danny Fortson, Kenny Saterfield, Art Long and Corrie Blount also were Bearcats as was the infamous Dontonio Wingfield. True, the Bearcats aren't sending multiple players to the NBA every season, but they also aren't getting the same Blue Chip recruits as the "big" schools. (That will change with the move to the Big East)

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I was very impressed with Kirkland early in the year. He's got NBA athleticism and some sweet scoring tools, maybe similar to a Stephen Jackson. However, I totally saw the mental issues that cpawfan mentioned. By the end of the year, he was totally floating, and shooting it every time he touched the ball. (still would have been better than Muhammad throwing up bricks in the Kentucky game).

He has first round potential, but it doesn't look like he will even come close to cashing in on it.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I wasn't impressed with him at all. He's selfish, lazy and doesn't play team ball. He and along with Jihad Muhammad cost Cincinnati the game against Kentucky in the 2nd round. He's regressed in the last two years. He was terrific as a frosh.

·
Registered
719 Posts
cpawfan said:
Kirk has serious mental issues to get over. He isn't a great team player. Kirk has the most talent of anybody on the Bearcat roster, but he doesn't apply himself. He has spent 3 seasons going in and out of Huggins dog house because of effort. If he puts it together mentally, he could have a monster senior season.

Sheefo, you are missing a few from your list. Tony Bobbit was on the Lakers roster this season. Ruben Patterson, Nick Van Exel, Danny Fortson, Kenny Saterfield, Art Long and Corrie Blount also were Bearcats as was the infamous Dontonio Wingfield. True, the Bearcats aren't sending multiple players to the NBA every season, but they also aren't getting the same Blue Chip recruits as the "big" schools. (That will change with the move to the Big East)

Also DerMarr Johnson, playing in Denver and having a good solid season.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cpawfan said:

heh, when he was 16 or so and played pick up games with people (for fun, not good players) EVERYONE complained of him being a ballhog... I hope he gets straight and has a good sr year

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
BigMac said:
Also DerMarr Johnson, playing in Denver and having a good solid season.
Yes he is. I just didn't include him on my list since the poster I was responding to had already mentioned him.

HKF said:
I wasn't impressed with him at all. He's selfish, lazy and doesn't play team ball. He and along with Jihad Muhammad cost Cincinnati the game against Kentucky in the 2nd round. He's regressed in the last two years. He was terrific as a frosh.
During his freshman season, it was stated "unofficially" by the coaching staff that Kirk could be one of the best Bearcats by his senior year. As a Bearcat fan, it is very frustrating to watch the potential ooze out of Kirk and White and not see them put it all together. At least White has a better attitude.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts