Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Around the Horn: Who matches up best with Pistons? (MERGED X3)

625 views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  netsgiants 
#1 ·
lol @ Woddy Paige.

Anyone watching this on Espn, They are ripping him for saying the Nets are a "three man team"

Reactions: justasking?
#2 ·
Re: lol @ Woody Paige.

Damn it I though this was the nets forum, my bad lol

Reactions:
#3 ·
Around the Horn: Who matches up best with Pistons?

Basic Summary:

Blackistone: Nets, praises Nets defense.

Paige: Miami, becasue they have Shaq and Wade, says that Nets have no one else besides Kidd, Carter, Jefferson, gets muted because if the Nets are a 3 man team than what is Miami? Shaq's getting in shape, Wade's getting better.

Mariotti: Nets, 3-1 against Heat, 2-2 against Pistons, RJ owns Prince, doesn't recognize VC on this team. Praises Cliffy, Heat have injury issues, Riely scolds Shaq for his weight.

Smith: Heat, Playoffs are different story. Shaq and Wade come playoff time. They will get better.

Rebuttal. Paige: Nets score only 93ppg, Frank forgets to wear his belt.

Mariotti: No chemistry, 2-11 agaisnt division leaders.

Blackistone: If Heat were in college, their RPI would be so low, they wouldn't make the NCAA Tournament.

#4 ·
Around the Horn

On the first word of today's show there was a debate as to whom had a better chance of beating Detroit in the ECF. Miami or NJ. Kevin Blackistone and Jay Mariotti chose the Nets and Woody Paige and Michael Smith chose Miami. If anyone missed it the reply is on espnnews in a half an hour or so.

Damn yer quick. Merge!

#5 ·
Re: Around the Horn: Who matches up best with Pistons?

Net2 said:
Basic Summary:

Blackistone: Nets, praises Nets defense.

Paige: Miami, becasue they have Shaq and Wade, says that Nets have no one else besides Kidd, Carter, Jefferson, gets muted because if the Nets are a 3 man team than what is Miami? Shaq's getting in shape, Wade's getting better.

Mariotti: Nets, 3-1 against Heat, 2-2 against Pistons, RJ owns Prince, doesn't recognize VC on this team. Praises Cliffy, Heat have injury issues, Riely scolds Shaq for his weight.

Smith: Heat, Playoffs are different story. Shaq and Wade come playoff time. They will get better.

Rebuttal. Paige: Nets score only 93ppg, Frank forgets to wear his belt.

Mariotti: No chemistry, 2-11 agaisnt division leaders.

Blackistone: If Heat were in college, their RPI would be so low, they wouldn't make the NCAA Tournament.
:rofl:

#9 ·
Re: lol @ Woddy Paige.

[STRIKE] If you want me to move it to NBA general I can. [/STRIKE]

Never mind, I think I'm going to merge this into the other thread instead.

#11 ·

netsgiants said:
Pissed me off how they said were a 3 team show and the heat are a two team one. No love for Nenad?
krstic is good, but he's not up in the shaq, kidd, wayde, carter, rj level! I hate to say it but krstic is more like walker (god send me to hell now)... lots of potential, but still not a star yet!

#12 ·

Lord-SMX said:
krstic is good, but he's not up in the shaq, kidd, wayde, carter, rj level! I hate to say it but krstic is more like walker (god send me to hell now)... lots of potential, but still not a star yet!
Krstic is not an All-Star or a superstar like those players you're mentioned, but I wouldn't compare him to Walker. Walker takes a lot of ill-advised shots and ....well, I don't want to say anythng anymore. Krstic isn't an All-Star nor he is a superstar, but I think Krstic is better than Walker's current play don't you think?

#13 ·
Just saw it...Paige completely forgot how Cliffy and Krstic have been performing, and Collins with his D. You can't underestimate a team that is rolling into the play-offs like this. He basically threw everything that we're doing now away as a fluke come play-off time. What about our experience? Don't tell me we don't have any. Sure, Wade and Shaq will be a threat in the play-offs. No one should ever underestimate them. But when we've proven we can handle them, you've got to consider the facts. D-Wade and Shaq can only get you so far. The HEAT doesn't have the hot-shooting role players like they did last year. It's not like we haven't proven we can be consistent. Oh well, we'll prove ourselves come play-off time.

#15 ·
Re: lol @ Woody Paige.

THE TAKEOVER said:

lol, I posted it in the Movie forum, its been a long day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.