Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

2041 - 2060 of 4434 Posts

·
Piker
8,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,041 (Edited)
"PG Tre Wood @Tre_Snoo of @tTOBasketball will officially visit UMass 9/8, George Mason 9/15, and VCU 9/29 "

https://twitter.com/ASlater247/status/900167970420215808

As far as I can tell, UMass has been heavily pursuing Tre Wood this summer and he's one of their top targets remaining, if not their #1 target. What do Mason & VCU fans know about their school's involvement with Wood? Are we looking at another Samba Diallo type situation where the other schools aren't truly that interested?
I do not know much about Tre Wood other than the latest visit information. I do know that VCU only has two open spots. They just hosted a guard named Trey McGowens and they are having another guard PJ Byrd in soon. Yesterday an offer went out to Kyler Edwards. Lots of activity and offers are out for VCU. I think they are going to pick up a guard and a big man for 2018. Just my opinion based on what is on the roster and what offers are out. I like Tre Wood though. DC Catholic league ballers are good and I say that because Treveon Graham was one and I would love another Tre.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't know anything about Wood, or Mason's involvement, but I do know that the staff is trying to recruit the DMV harder (which they did very effectively during the Larranaga years). Assistant Coach Duane Simpkins, who is a local guy and played at Maryland, is a big part of that. We have three spots open for 2018 after the Temara and Newman transfers, and its seems like PG is a definite for at least one of those spots based on the offers and visits we've seen so far.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I sure hope so! I would like to see the dates and set up a plan to see a few away games. Last season my son, who lives in Charlotte, and I attended the UD/Davidson game in Davidson. We had a blast! Of course it might have had something to do with Scoochie Smith going wild in the overtime for the win! We are really going to miss him at PG this season!

2041 - 2060 of 4434 Posts