Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

2461 - 2480 of 4453 Posts

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Never had the opportunity to buy Ace a beer, as much as I would have liked to have done so. But, the calls for dropping the Bonnies from the league used to be plentiful. Ready for this. Fuck all of you for that. You know who I am speaking to.
Wow. One night at the Cheetah Lounge and you're pretty full of yourself.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Merry Christmas to all you derelicts.

The Spiders are giving you an early Xmas present by being on the bottom of the league. Don't get use to it.

·
Piker
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,465
Somewhere around the 30 minute mark is Jimmy Martelli. There is some interesting St Joe's/Philly stuff if anyone is interested. Pretty cool stuff about his dad in 1985 as a SJU assistant, his mom winning 3 national championships and Jimmy playing high school ball with Jameer Nelson.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Oh, forgot to mention how Bona was really impressive on Saturday in dismantling UMass. UMass played a far from perfect game, but at some point you just have to tip your cap to the other team. I’m not sure if Bona is always going to play that well, but the game they played against UMass sure looked to me like it would have beaten a typical game from every A10 team.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Oh, forgot to mention how Bona was really impressive on Saturday in dismantling UMass. UMass played a far from perfect game, but at some point you just have to tip your cap to the other team. I’m not sure if Bona is always going to play that well, but the game they played against UMass sure looked to me like it would have beaten a typical game from every A10 team.
I was a little worried about a let down after the Syracuse win but they came out focused. Save for one bad stretch, they played a really good game. I would expect this kind of effort in every game. They know what they need to do.

·
Registered
664 Posts
^ I was hoping for a let-down after the Syracuse win, but I didn't really expect it. Effort-wise I agree that they'll probably have it for most, if not all, remaining games. My angle was more directed at the level of play and not the effort. Like I said, UMass wasn't perfect and that Bona team is really good on a normal day, but I'm not sure they can bank on that type of performance in every game. Adams and Mobley were on target at a very high percentage on some very difficult shots. Don't get me wrong, whatever a "normal" Bona game looks like is still likely very good, enough to beat most A10 teams having a good game, including UMass.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
^ I was hoping for a let-down after the Syracuse win, but I didn't really expect it. Effort-wise I agree that they'll probably have it for most, if not all, remaining games. My angle was more directed at the level of play and not the effort. Like I said, UMass wasn't perfect and that Bona team is really good on a normal day, but I'm not sure they can bank on that type of performance in every game. Adams and Mobley were on target at a very high percentage on some very difficult shots. Don't get me wrong, whatever a "normal" Bona game looks like is still likely very good, enough to beat most A10 teams having a good game, including UMass.
I hear you. That was the first game where both Adams and Mobley were on at the same time. Jay's first few games back from injury he was still getting his game together. based on that, I dont think they are banking on that every game. They have the 11-2 record because they dont rely on 1 player carrying the load. To me, that is the biggest difference from last season. Bonnies relied on Adams/Mobley way too much and it bit them a few times. This year it is way more balanced.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Bona picked up 2 more points in the AP Poll, and is 32nd this week at 7 points.

Bona lost their votes in the Coaches Poll... because they had such a terrible week coasting over UMass, I guess?

·
bonaking101
39 Posts
To be perfectly honest after our performance in our last two games(Dayton & St Joe's), I have no expectations in today's game. I don't expect us to win. Three losses in a row takes the air out of this season.

By the way, I was looking at this afternoon's schedule on NBC and the 3 games on from 1:00 to 6:30 are Bad! LaSalle @ Duquesne, St Louis @ George Mason & GW @ Richmond! The league has definitely dropped in quality. Sure hope our programs can rebound quickly in the next couple of years!

·
Registered
197 Posts
To be perfectly honest after our performance in our last two games(Dayton & St Joe's), I have no expectations in today's game. I don't expect us to win. Three losses in a row takes the air out of this season.
I guess I can see why Bona fans have their doubts about you.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Perhaps three losses in a row would have taken the air out of the season, if it had happened. But, it did not. 12-4 overall and 2-2 early in conference play is still ok. Some of our fans come across as if they expected us to go 18-0 in league play.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did not expect Bona to go 0-3 in this stretch. We have missed too many easy shots under the basket. It seems like our offense lives and dies with the 3. Expected better guard play than we have gotten from our 2 seniors during this stretch. Early foul trouble, turnovers and inconsistent shooting has plagued our backcourt. Jay Adams has not been the best player on the floor in any of the last 3 games.

·
Piker
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,478

By the way, I was looking at this afternoon's schedule on NBC and the 3 games on from 1:00 to 6:30 are Bad! LaSalle @ Duquesne, St Louis @ George Mason & GW @ Richmond! The league has definitely dropped in quality. Sure hope our programs can rebound quickly in the next couple of years!
All of the games that you mentioned were competitive and fun to watch.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonaking101a View Post

Really Bonerking? I was at the Duquesne La Salle game and it was a thrilling triple OT game and it made great TV.

2461 - 2480 of 4453 Posts