Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

2481 - 2500 of 4459 Posts

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
If the P5 pushes this through, wait to you see the players get plucked from the A-10 and other non P5 teams. If recruiting is dirty now, its going to get like a California mudslide now.
Agreed. However, I like the other provision being considered to require a two year scholarship commitment for graduate transfers. That provision is consistent with the idea of allowing the graduate transfer in the first place.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Hold on... a player was expelled from SLU on top of the three under investigation? Who was booted?
Probably the one that didn't have the fancy lawyer. There were 4 players involved in the alleged sexual assault, and if I have my facts straight, 3 are represented by the same big time lawyer and one is either representing himself or had some other lawyer.

·
Super Moderator
17,902 Posts
Probably the one that didn't have the fancy lawyer. There were 4 players involved in the alleged sexual assault, and if I have my facts straight, 3 are represented by the same big time lawyer and one is either representing himself or had some other lawyer.
Scott Rosenblum represented 3 of the 4 players, and the fourth was represented by John Rogers (another STL attorney). Rosenblum has stated that his clients were the ones suspended, but Rogers said in a reply that Rosenblum did not know which client got which penalty. No one has released who is represented by who, so there is quite a bit of unknown.

·
Piker
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,494
Scott Rosenblum represented 3 of the 4 players, and the fourth was represented by John Rogers (another STL attorney). Rosenblum has stated that his clients were the ones suspended, but Rogers said in a reply that Rosenblum did not know which client got which penalty. No one has released who is represented by who, so there is quite a bit of unknown.
How do you explain how 3 of the 4 have not been able to play yet Goodwin is allowed to play?

·
Piker
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,497
It was said that one of the players filed an immediate appeal Friday.
Yes but I meant while this investigation was going on. If Goodwin is the fourth person then why is he the only one that has played? The other three have practiced and traveled with the team but they have not played.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Yes but I meant while this investigation was going on. If Goodwin is the fourth person then why is he the only one that has played? The other three have practiced and traveled with the team but they have not played.
The other 3 were suspended from sports at the beginning of the season and now suspended from classes.

Goodwin was recently expelled from classes so that he could concentrate on sports...

·
Piker
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,499
The other 3 were suspended from sports at the beginning of the season and now suspended from classes.

Goodwin was recently expelled from classes so that he could concentrate on sports...
Ha! Thanks for the clarification. Still want to know why Goodwin is so special that he could play while the others could not.

2481 - 2500 of 4459 Posts