Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

3161 - 3180 of 4452 Posts

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
In recent days, A10 schools secured two more commitments from the class of 2019. SLU landed PG Yuri Collins; GW received a pledge from combo forward Jamison Battle.

·
Piker
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,166
Word on the street is they will be selling adult beverages during the VCU games this year. Being able to drink beer at your seat is a first.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

His message of its not right but stop complaining is garbage to me. If schools could adapt they would. Instead they have to play by the P5 rules or schedule each other. The committee then screws them out of bids because they didnt beat anybody even though their sheet shows a Tier 1 or 2 win. But since they didnt go to Jerkoff St's campus, sorry have fun in the NIT and try harder next year.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
His message of its not right but stop complaining is garbage to me. If schools could adapt they would. Instead they have to play by the P5 rules or schedule each other. The committee then screws them out of bids because they didnt beat anybody even though their sheet shows a Tier 1 or 2 win. But since they didnt go to Jerkoff St's campus, sorry have fun in the NIT and try harder next year.
I don't know '03, I think he's right. The days of a H/H with a power school are gone and mid-majors have to accept that. [We] are all just banging our heads against a collective wall complaining about this stuff. The deck is stacked, it sucks, they know it, we know it, but for BB to remain in any significant capacity for schools not named Jerkoff St, fall in line. The alternative is the football setup, and sorry to the A10 schools with football but since you aren't FBS, nobody. f'ing. cares. We don't want that for basketball.

Calls for schedule balancing, required road games, required return games, none of this is going to happen, and it's useless to complain about it. I think the areas they need to address are conference records as qualification for the tournament, and tournament should be selected and S-curve revealed prior to conference tournaments.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I don't know '03, I think he's right. The days of a H/H with a power school are gone and mid-majors have to accept that. [We] are all just banging our heads against a collective wall complaining about this stuff. The deck is stacked, it sucks, they know it, we know it, but for BB to remain in any significant capacity for schools not named Jerkoff St, fall in line. The alternative is the football setup, and sorry to the A10 schools with football but since you aren't FBS, nobody. f'ing. cares. We don't want that for basketball.

Calls for schedule balancing, required road games, required return games, none of this is going to happen, and it's useless to complain about it. I think the areas they need to address are conference records as qualification for the tournament, and tournament should be selected and S-curve revealed prior to conference tournaments.

To clarify, I agree with the premise that it isnt changing I just dont like the "there is nothing you can do so stop complaining". I agree with everything you said. Ever since Coach K whined on tv about the A10, we (and our peers) have been bent over. They need to adjust to large power conferences and their 20 game schedules. So far they have not, nor do they care to.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

‘55 there are more than one program in the A10 that schedules home and homes with P5 schools.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Real P5s or Pitt and Cal? Likely closer to the latter group than the former.
Miss State, Auburn, Texas, Virginia others are Butler, Seton Hall, Houston, Wichita State. Three A10 programs - SLU, VCU and Dayton. Last year UD finished up H&H with St. Mary’s and started H&H with Auburn and Miss. State. It can be done.

3161 - 3180 of 4452 Posts