Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

3461 - 3480 of 4459 Posts

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
It blows. Just saying, this isn't "new" either. More like a cycle it seems. I would say we should always get 3 in for a normal year...we had 6 one year; that won't happen often but to only get 1 or 2 in and have them be low seeds is not good.

Just pointing out this has happened before and we followed up with some really nice runs also.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
What blows is that if we were still using RPI, the league is currently in the 15th spot.
That should never happen. The Spiders are dragging the numbers down with 5 losses, and it's hard for me to understand Bona with 5 also.
The league is barely above .500 in OOC play, and I don't remember that for a long time.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
What blows is that if we were still using RPI, the league is currently in the 15th spot.
That should never happen. The Spiders are dragging the numbers down with 5 losses, and it's hard for me to understand Bona with 5 also.
The league is barely above .500 in OOC play, and I don't remember that for a long time.
Thank goodness for Fordham!

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Bona’s 5 losses are not that hard to understand. All 5 came without the Bonnies’ best player Courtney Stockard, who just returned for the win over Canisius. Their second best player, LaDarien Griffin, was lost in game one, a freshman who started in place of Stockard, Dom Welch, was lost a couple of games later, and JUCO junior Melki Moreaux who was expected to be in the rotation has yet to play a game. The remaining Baby Bonnies with a hampered senior Nelson Kaputo were out-of-sync and learning on the fly.

The experience the youngsters have been gaining could bode well for the Bonnies come conference play. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Bona’s 5 losses are not that hard to understand. All 5 came without the Bonnies’ best player Courtney Stockard, who just returned for the win over Canisius. Their second best player, LaDarien Griffin, was lost in game one, a freshman who started in place of Stockard, Dom Smith, was lost a couple of games later, and JUCO junior Melki Moreaux who was expected to be in the rotation has yet to play a game. The remaining Baby Bonnies with a hampered senior Nelson Kaputo were out-of-sync and learning on the fly.

The experience the youngsters have been gaining could bode well for the Bonnies come conference play. Sorry.
Land mine

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
If the A-10 wants to be a 3+ bid going forward (And we do), then having a member at 6-6 OOC needs to our landmines.

This half the league being .500 or worse bullshit needs to stop. And we owe a huge "sorry we screwed you" present to our 1, 2, 3 teams.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Updated NET today:

48 SLU
79 Duq
81 Dayton
90 Davidson
100 VCU

139 St. Joe's
140 Rhode Island
165 UMass
192 Fordham
196 George Mason

205 Richmond

306 SBU
313 GW
336 La Salle

·
Piker
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,474
Updated NET today:

48 SLU
79 Duq
81 Dayton
90 Davidson
100 VCU

139 St. Joe's
140 Rhode Island
165 UMass
192 Fordham

205 Richmond

306 SBU
313 GW
336 La Salle
Are you so mad at Mason that you kicked them out of the league?

·
Registered
990 Posts
A team that plays at the Mullins is now ranked #1 in the nation...unfortunately for the A10 it's the hockey team. However, if the basketball team can follow a similar path to the hockey team after getting a new coach (meaning wait until next year or the year after), UMass will be back to relevancy.

Also, in terms of attendance: the last home game had 7124 people in attendance. A winning product will get the fans in the seats. (as a reminder, the team was picked to come in 6th in Hockey East this year, so this is well above expectations and kind of speaks to why there was a slow start to getting people out there).

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
New NET out today with VCU and SBU making huge jumps after last night and SLU falling:

64 Dayton
68 VCU
82 Davidson
88 SLU

113 Duq
130 St. Joe's
131 Rhode Island
172 UMass
183 George Mason
199 Richmond

236 SBU
267 Fordham

313 GW
338 La Salle

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
New NET out today with VCU and SBU making huge jumps after last night and SLU falling:

64 Dayton
68 VCU
82 Davidson
88 SLU

113 Duq
130 St. Joe's
131 Rhode Island
172 UMass
183 George Mason
199 Richmond

236 SBU
267 Fordham

313 GW
338 La Salle

Its still early for the metric but its nice to see 4 teams in the top 100. For as bad a year we are having, that isnt too bad.

Bonnies are almost out of landmine status (I think)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Its still early for the metric but its nice to see 4 teams in the top 100. For as bad a year we are having, that isnt too bad.

Bonnies are almost out of landmine status (I think)
After we win out the season with Stockard is the NCAA going to take that into account for the games we lost? Or will we be a #17 seed?

3461 - 3480 of 4459 Posts