Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

3981 - 4000 of 4439 Posts

·
Piker
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,981
I actually like it a lot. At first I hated it. I imagine it will take our fanbase some time to adjust like Dayton's did. The Old D was too similar to Detroit Tigers. So much so that they sued us. It had only been around since 2007. Here is an article with Harper about it.

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles/duquesne-ad-harper-we-wanted-more-distinctive-look-one-didnt-create-confusion
New logos take time and they tend to grow on you. I remember how everyone was up in arms about VCU's branding and now the older logo just looks bad.

·
Registered
134 Posts
New logos take time and they tend to grow on you. I remember how everyone was up in arms about VCU's branding and now the older logo just looks bad.
AGree 100%. Especially if Duquesne starts to win, the new logo will become synonymous with a winning program.

I just googled VCU's logo history. Holy hell is the new one better than the old.

·
Piker
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,983
AGree 100%. Especially if Duquesne starts to win, the new logo will become synonymous with a winning program.

I just googled VCU's logo history. Holy hell is the new one better than the old.
I think it is much better. I posted the logo that was being used when VCU joined. I think it was earlier in this thread. Before that it was an interlocking VC. Before that various fonts with VCU and Rams. I like the new set of logos. They use many different variations these days. From the font to the Ram logos.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
I am going to be lazy and just ask who that is instead of searching instagram. Whoever it is, he needs to be punched in the face
Dayton’s Chase S. Johnson, who transferred from Florida. It appears that Instagram picture has skyrocketed the young man toward the top of grubbiest A10ers.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
That kid appears to be on a Dustin Hellenga level of douche. Is he going to do a lot of screaming after buckets? Holding up three fingers after jumpers? Using the word “disrespect” a lot? Damn it all.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
That kid appears to be on a Dustin Hellenga level of douche. Is he going to do a lot of screaming after buckets? Holding up three fingers after jumpers? Using the word “disrespect” a lot? Damn it all.
Reports are that he is playing well in practice. Many of The Faithful see him replacing Cunningham in the starting lineup.

I see Chase giving the A10 a weekly dose of red ass

3981 - 4000 of 4439 Posts