Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

3981 - 4000 of 4479 Posts

·
Piker
8,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,981
I actually like it a lot. At first I hated it. I imagine it will take our fanbase some time to adjust like Dayton's did. The Old D was too similar to Detroit Tigers. So much so that they sued us. It had only been around since 2007. Here is an article with Harper about it.

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles/duquesne-ad-harper-we-wanted-more-distinctive-look-one-didnt-create-confusion
New logos take time and they tend to grow on you. I remember how everyone was up in arms about VCU's branding and now the older logo just looks bad.

·
Registered
134 Posts
New logos take time and they tend to grow on you. I remember how everyone was up in arms about VCU's branding and now the older logo just looks bad.
AGree 100%. Especially if Duquesne starts to win, the new logo will become synonymous with a winning program.

I just googled VCU's logo history. Holy hell is the new one better than the old.

·
Piker
8,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,983
AGree 100%. Especially if Duquesne starts to win, the new logo will become synonymous with a winning program.

I just googled VCU's logo history. Holy hell is the new one better than the old.
I think it is much better. I posted the logo that was being used when VCU joined. I think it was earlier in this thread. Before that it was an interlocking VC. Before that various fonts with VCU and Rams. I like the new set of logos. They use many different variations these days. From the font to the Ram logos.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
That kid appears to be on a Dustin Hellenga level of douche. Is he going to do a lot of screaming after buckets? Holding up three fingers after jumpers? Using the word “disrespect” a lot? Damn it all.
Reports are that he is playing well in practice. Many of The Faithful see him replacing Cunningham in the starting lineup.

I see Chase giving the A10 a weekly dose of red ass

3981 - 4000 of 4479 Posts